The most useless key on the keyboard?

Geoff

VIP Member
yeh, people who use the top numbers dont deserve to live IMO, harsh but deserved. The numpad is so much easier its unbelievable

I used to always use the top numbers, but once I started using the number pad, it made life much easier. Especially when entering a password thats all numbers.

Sometimes I just remember the order of which to type my pw on the numpad so well, that when i'm on a laptop or something, I can't remember what the password was. :p

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I didn't read the entire post, so i'll probably nominate thigns that ppl have mentioned already...anyways here it goes.

1) scroll lock
2) Home
3) The right click key, one next to the windows and ctrl key

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
I didn't read the entire post, so i'll probably nominate thigns that ppl have mentioned already...anyways here it goes.

1) scroll lock
2) Home
3) The right click key, one next to the windows and ctrl key
i agree with 1 and 3 but 2.. no, the HOME key i use a lot, when your coding and you finish a massive line of code, some programs dont have scroll bars along the bottom, so you hit HOME and it gets to the beginning of the code line. Pretty handy

dragon

spamdos

i hate the zoom keys on my keyboard because they do not work, but for the conventional keys, i would have to say that i dislike the home key.

The_Beast

I hate the enter key. I never even use it. Joking

I really see no use for the windows key.

yea I'm now a Silver member. hooray

Tayl

VIP Member
Come to think about it, although I have no idea what the key is called, I never use the key located to the left of the number 1 key and above tab. That ones rendered quite useless with me.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
That's the begin quote/tilde key. The only time I used that was in multiplayer CS and HL (the original) to bring up the menu to enter cheats while playing...

ckfordy

banned
Come to think about it, although I have no idea what the key is called, I never use the key located to the left of the number 1 key and above tab. That ones rendered quite useless with me.

You must not game at all that is to bring up the conosole in most of the Steam games and i belive farcry.

The most useless keys i think are the windows key i always seem to bump that button when i am gaming thankfully my logitech G15 comes with a key that disables it:) .

And another one would be the thing that is next to the right windows key(forgot what its called). and some other ones would be the pause break key and the caps lock i am always bumping that when i am typing and if i want to capitalize a word ill just use the shift key.

harris

banned
what has alt gr ever done?
and what is that symbol with a mouse on a window key thats like next to the ctrl and window key???

why am i so bored that i talk about this?

Bobo

banned
what has alt gr ever done?
What is that?
and what is that symbol with a mouse on a window key thats like next to the ctrl and window key???
That is a right-click button

why am i so bored that i talk about this?
because nobody replies to your laptop threads :p

I use every key all the time, except for the insert and scroll lock keys. Never knew what either one did.

4W4K3

VIP Member
The Pause/Break key. I don't think I've EVER used that key. I don't even know what it does...someone tell me please :D

Nini

harris said:
its the right click button.. lol. useless really...thats what a mouse is for

EDIT: haha it was answered above. guess i didnt refresh the page
Bobo said:
I use every key all the time, except for the insert
insert i use on the school computers, because when you type and when you go back to fix something it types over the word, so you press insert to put a letter in between the others. never use it at home

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
The Pause/Break key. I don't think I've EVER used that key. I don't even know what it does...someone tell me please :D
It will pause the screen in certain apps; the only time that I have ever seen it work is in the POST screen.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I've actually had a game or two that used that key to pause the game. They probably figured that you wouldn't hit it too easily, so it made a good option for that feature...

Bobo

banned
insert i use on the school computers, because when you type and when you go back to fix something it types over the word, so you press insert to put a letter in between the others. never use it at home
Huh, I didn't know that. Well I have typeover disabled, so it wouldn't be of any use to me anyway :rolleyes: