Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

ghost

PS3 vs. Wii

Being a Playstation fan boy im dying to get my hands on a PS3, but looking at this vid has made me think.
I want a console for a good laugh and too play multiplayer with m8`s that is all.
I don`t want it for mega graphics, etc, ive got a PC that will do that and will upgraded it if needed.
The Wii looks like good fun and is gonna be inexpensive. (so i hope)

So for a entertainment/price ratio will the Wii be the better console ?

But to be honnest ill probably end up getting both of them.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
marketing can do wonderous things, that video (whether official from nintendo or not) has succeeded in doing exactly what it wanted to, it made you think twice about optiong for the industry giant (the PS3) Really its up to you which you get, yes the performance you get out of a PS3 will greatly top the performance from a Wii, but as you said your not looking for the latest anbd greatest console power, most people here have PC's that can do that a lot better.

If you get both of them then your lucky and you can then compare and think, wait a minute, thiw Wii is actually a lot better than the PS3, or you might find out, wow, this Wii sucks ass, its not worth the paper it was advertised on...

I like playstations, always have, so im going to opt for the PS3, also because i hate nintendo... i dont know why, but they've always just seemed second rate, and not up to scratch, personal preference i guess.

dragon

Geoff

VIP Member
It was pretty entertaining, but I dont think that video would make me decide to get one over the other, since they really didnt talk about the systems at all.

JTM

I have a 360 and it's great. The whole Xbox Live thing is what makes the experience great. I plan on getting a Wii, due to its price and the new controller. The PS3 I won't get because I've never been a Playstation fan, and the pricetag is too high, plus I don't own an HDtv so Blu-ray does nothing for me.

Hyper_Kagome

Well, all I can say is that I want both, and a 360 as well. Maybe my money tree out back will finally give me those $5's, $10's, $20's, $50's, and $100's I've been waiting for.

That video, made me laugh so hard, just as much as I did last night. Oh man.
=']
Good times last night, good times.
Good video.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Since this is a constantly recurring topic, it will be stickied and re-named "The official PS3 vs. XBOX360 vs. Wii thread". Please direct all comments/news to this thread. Thank you.

ghost

Since this is a constantly recurring topic, it will be stickied and re-named "The official PS3 vs. XBOX360 vs. Wii thread". Please direct all comments/news to this thread. Thank you.

hmmmm :rolleyes: lol

Well since you put X360 in there im just gonna say i bought one, it gets really hot and crashes, got it replaced with a new one, that one over heats and glitches its ass off on Oblivion and Quake 4 then crashes, sold it and learned that microsoft had the right idea but done a half assed job resulting in me selling my x360.

When they bring out the 65nm CPU for the console in 2007 then i might buy another one, but i very much dought it.

So for me im sticking with the Wii/PS3 depending what happens later on in the year.

koOp

Wii FTW!!! im gonna get one wen it comes out bcus i have a sis and bro so we can play together, and i cant wait to play the new super smash bros.

JTM

so, have they fixed the glitchy graphics and overheating problems yet.... or was that national manufacturer recall on hundreds of thousands of units just for fun....
I've owned my Xbox 360 since the day it launched and never had any overheating problems etc. It runs great. The only people who get overheating problems are the ones that store it with no ventilation room etc.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
I've owned my Xbox 360 since the day it launched and never had any overheating problems etc. It runs great. The only people who get overheating problems are the ones that store it with no ventilation room etc.
Yeh, i know, its not all that common anymore, but it was made a big deal out of a little while back, so it makes me feel good to keep niggling at it, it annoys most xbox owners still so i keep mentioning it, lol, sorry
dragon

Dr Studly

banned
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 lyfe
i love how dorky they made that fat chick :D

Hyper_Kagome

I need a job, soooo bad to get the three systems, and games that I want.

...not to mention, saving for my after grad trip.
I think the first system I'll be getting is the Wii.
THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR SUCH AN AFFORDABLE PRICE!

JTM

I need a job, soooo bad to get the three systems, and games that I want.

...not to mention, saving for my after grad trip.
I think the first system I'll be getting is the Wii.
THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR SUCH AN AFFORDABLE PRICE!
It's affordable because it lacks power etc. Sure it has a low price, but that's because it is equal to a little bit over the original Xbox's power. So it lacks power but is very unique. As an Xbox and 360 owner who had no interest in Nintendo after the Gamecube, I can honestly say the Wii is shaping up to be a very good and entertaining system.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Well, for me, I really don't care what the power is, if the games are fun and addictive, that system is probably the one I will get, if any. At this point, the system that looks the best to me is the Wii, regardless of price. So many games these days are a variation on a theme, where Nintendo seems to be getting the most original games. Anybody want to play Super Monkey Ball??? :D

ghost

JTM said:
Nope not at all, i bought my X360 as soon as they come out and i had it in a open space with 3x 120mm fans cooling it + the 2x 60mm fans it already had. It worked but still got the unit replaced because i souldnt have to pay for something that dont work.
But now i think microsoft have sorted there problems and hopefully learned a lesson.

nintendo have been making consoles for donkeys years and they have the exp to know what people want. Ok the game cube was the biggest pile of crap eva maked but i think they have learned from this.
I remember the ole SNES and my god i was glued the the TV for hours, also me n my friends used to play bomberman 8 player till the early hours of the morning :D

For me it isnt about "breath taking graphics and ultimate power".
Knowing that the Wii will be backwards compatible with the previous games from nintendo i think there gonna do well. Guess only time will tell.

Atsumi

Right now my favorite is the Xbox 360 as it's the only one I've played. I've had it since launch and have had absolutely no problems with it.

PS3, I would like to get too and also the Wii. Until all 3 come out, I really have no more to say than what I did on other threads.