The Price Of Performance?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

doom

banned
My build has cost me just over £4530.

What do others spend on a performance rig????

And is it realy worth it, I think so myself!!!!!!!.

And can we realy keep up with it all????

I know that the 7900 cards are so called out next month, I know that I will be getting 2 of them, 1 at first to see whatthey are like then the other a couple of weeks later.

WeatherMan

by the way, if you can stretch to it, quad sli wikll be out on the 22nd of next month, so , if you have the money you might be getting 4 of the cards instead of 2:p

doom

banned
Bootup05 said:
by the way, if you can stretch to it, quad sli wikll be out on the 22nd of next month, so , if you have the money you might be getting 4 of the cards instead of 2:p

Yes I have been looking at the Dell site in which four cards are as two and fit in to two slots, I think that is right.

I wonder what it would be like!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

helmie

If i had the money for it, then yeah, I would fork out for a future proof system, I wouldnt want to buy a £5000 system, then have to replace after a year.

doom

banned
MIK3daG33K said:
doom I know this is off topic but id like to see some picks of your rig. . .

Yes, just set up a photo thing to send pics, will try and get whole room in.

Never done it before ?????

My room is set out like a cinema, I'm sat right in the middle of the room with my 5.1 system set as close to perfect to me, me being in the middle of all the speakers.

If I can't do it, can I send a Email to one of you showing my pics, then you can post pics for me on here ????.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My build has cost me just over £4530.
It's your money and i hope you enjoy the box but IMO you're not quite getting the performance you've paid for. Now granted the monitor, coolin and speakers and non-box parts add to the price but regardless, £4530, that's 7860USD ... granted this costs more and granted UK prices are higher ... but thats the ballpark of what I would have expected for the pricetag :) Again, not raggin on your box, just a comment on it's futureproof-ness :)

helmie

doom said:
If I can't do it, can I send a Email to one of you showing my pics, then you can post pics for me on here ????.

Here we are:

dscf01060hg.jpg

Ill have to say doom, that is one hell of a workspace!!

---Off Topic--- What router do you have, looks the same as mine :D

EDIT: I was sent more pics!

dscf00015rn.jpg

dscf01081qk.jpg

dscf01105em.jpg

dscf01153ms.jpg

dscf01188mb.jpg

dscf00019qo.jpg

Last edited:

doom

banned
Praetor said:
It's your money and i hope you enjoy the box but IMO you're not quite getting the performance you've paid for. Now granted the monitor, coolin and speakers and non-box parts add to the price but regardless, £4530, that's 7860USD ... granted this costs more and granted UK prices are higher ... but thats the ballpark of what I would have expected for the pricetag :) Again, not raggin on your box, just a comment on it's futureproof-ness :)

Not ragging on but it is a lot lot more of a pc than you have in your sig praetor.

I chose the parts in my rig for a reason, because I wanted them.

I could have copied many other high end rigs.

But I got what I liked.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Not ragging on but it is a lot lot more of a pc than you have in your sig praetor.

I chose the parts in my rig for a reason, because I wanted them.

I could have copied many other high end rigs.

But I got what I liked.
Hehe no need to get sensitive about it ... you asked a question, i answered it. If you wanna get all pissy about it, I paid less than $1500CAD for my box, ive got a way bigger screen (roughly 100" at this point, depends on whether i wanna move the projector back or not) and a boatload more storage space. If you wanna get all fancy pants on the CPU and videocard, sure your 7800GTX SLI might outpace my X1900XT but i'm quite certain the 2x270s in my encoding box will take down your FX60 anyday (you can even pick the day) of the week. But do you see me running around playing who's got a big d*ck? ;-) Hardly, cuz at the end of the day, like i said, "I hope you enjoy".

No i'm not a rich kid. No im not a snob. (for anyone who's not clued in it, I build a lot of computers kinda for a living so it's not odd for me to cycle through several different upgrade paths a week) You asked for an opinion and I gave you one. I do notice you didnt snap on Helmie for post #10. His point was essentially the same, "he would have went for a more future proof setup" ... i just said the same and provided some details.

But yeah, read #15 again and tone down the testosterone: you have a good box, enjoy it.

Last edited:

doom

banned
Praetor said:
Hehe no need to get sensitive about it ... you asked a question, i answered it. If you wanna get all pissy about it, I paid less than $1500CAD for my box, ive got a way bigger screen (roughly 100" at this point, depends on whether i wanna move the projector back or not) and a boatload more storage space. If you wanna get all fancy pants on the CPU and videocard, sure your 7800GTX SLI might outpace my X1900XT but i'm quite certain the 2x270s in my encoding box will take down your FX60 anyday (you can even pick the day) of the week. But do you see me running around playing who's got a big d*ck? ;-) Hardly, cuz at the end of the day, like i said, "I hope you enjoy".

No i'm not a rich kid. No im not a snob. (for anyone who's not clued in it, I build a lot of computers kinda for a living so it's not odd for me to cycle through several different upgrade paths a week) You asked for an opinion and I gave you one. I do notice you didnt snap on Helmie for post #10. His point was essentially the same, "he would have went for a more future proof setup" ... i just said the same and provided some details.

But yeah, read #15 again and tone down the testosterone: you have a good box, enjoy it.

Pissy don't know what it means.
I'm stating a fact.
And Helmie is a 15 year old and very helpfull.
Cheers Helmie for pics

(you can even pick the day) Yea right BOY!!!!!!!!!:cool:
End of subject!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.