Travis' Alienware M15x Review

Interested

Here you are talking about how expensive his laptop is, then you criticize people for going with a cheaper computer. Yes, I built my computer. No, I most likely wouldn't buy a premade one. But that doesn't mean everyone shares our opinion. There are people that don't have any need for a 1337 rig. Those are generally the people that go with premades because they get the job done.

And don't talk about your computer owning his. Mine owns yours, and there are thousands of other computers out there that own mine. Deal with it. Its a laptop, last I checked, they weren't the best gaming machines.

+1 :)

claytonr1973

Travis- You need to go to your profile and add a few people to your IGNORE list. I know I will after reading this thread. Congrats on the new lappy. I got my XPS M1710 yesterday at 2:00 by DHL and by 4:15 I had spilled coffe(lots of cream and sugar) on my keyboard and now the keyboard is toast. No biggie,I called Dell today and they are sending me a new keyboard. The worst part is I never have drinks near my lappy and this time I was standing in front of it waiting while my Sprint broadband was installing. I took a drink from my coffee,it went down the wrong way and I started coughing and got some on keyboard. I was MAD. I'll try to get some pictures of it on here after I get new keyboard installed. Keep the review coming.

Washrag

Travis- You need to go to your profile and add a few people to your IGNORE list. I know I will after reading this thread. Congrats on the new lappy. I got my XPS M1710 yesterday at 2:00 by DHL and by 4:15 I had spilled coffe(lots of cream and sugar) on my keyboard and now the keyboard is toast. No biggie,I called Dell today and they are sending me a new keyboard. The worst part is I never have drinks near my lappy and this time I was standing in front of it waiting while my Sprint broadband was installing. I took a drink from my coffee,it went down the wrong way and I started coughing and got some on keyboard. I was MAD. I'll try to get some pictures of it on here after I get new keyboard installed. Keep the review coming.

That is terrible. My mom spilled coffee on my expensive mouse the day after I got it.

computeruler

wow i would pretty much kill my self for spiiling coffe on my computer! and i would pretty much kill my mom for spilling coffe on my mouse! ok mabye not my mom cause i would just tell her buy a new one x10 times better then that one for me cause u broke it

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
There's a similar review in this month's Maximum PC. They gave it 9-10. The model they reviewed costs over $4,000. Unbelievable. Sir Travis, do you think it's worth the price? How much did this model cost?

Last edited:

claytonr1973

There's a similar review in this month's Maximum PC. They gave it 9-10. The model they reviewed costs over $4,000. Unbelievable. Sir Travis, do you think it's worth the price? How much did this model cost?

If your talking about the OP's laptop his signature states he paid $2000 not $4000.

If you can afford $4000, it is worth it. You can get a better deal with $2000, but I got sleek looks and great performance. And battery life.