[UK] Vapochill XE II phase unit and case [56k killer]

14ieued.jpg
ic1f7b.jpg
x35rw5.jpg
rhlr1t.jpg
21joy37.jpg
29opxte.jpg
35d7nf7.jpg
Just got a couple of these, I know some of you guys are pining for some sub zero action so here it is. ;) Doesn't come with the stock clam shell hold down but you can get in touch with duniek and he makes them custom for £20 I believe. Suitable for a dual or low wattage quad or maybe your gpu or north bridge.

£130 shipped, open to offers :good: rrp on these is £550 which is ridiculous, good little starter unit this and not to loud.

Last edited:

87dtna

How much for shipping to the states???? Extremely interested!

Also, what sockets does it work with? And where does the PSU go?

Last edited:

El Gappo

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, been benching all day :eek:

As I said duniek can make you a mount that is universal and they sell them at frozen cpu for $40 I think. I think this would be perfect for a clarksdale ;) Especially if you get it re gassed, it should be good for 200watts at -20C load I reckon. Shipping will cost a bomb as these things are heavy beyond belief, I will weigh it an let you know soon, gotta get some scales anyway.

Psu goes under the unit at 90 degrees like in a panzer box.

Last edited:

87dtna

NP. Does it come with 775 mount though?

Figured it was heavy, probably cost a crapload to ship and may kill the deal. I've been thinking about a DICE pot for awhile now, but this is a more permanent solution. But if it turns into not cost effective, I'll have no choice but to go DICE.

El Gappo

The thing about phase is it lasts forever and dice lasts a few days. Pretty much nothing between them in cpu-z runs but under load the phase unit will get murdered. Saying that I haven't been beaten on the bot by anyone on dice yet :p I'll let you know anyway.

No comes with no mounting, just a bare evap. If you take a look at some of my pics you can see I made my own mount out of plexiglass, universal to :)

bomberboysk

The thing about phase is it lasts forever and dice lasts a few days. Pretty much nothing between them in cpu-z runs but under load the phase unit will get murdered. Saying that I haven't been beaten on the bot by anyone on dice yet :p I'll let you know anyway.

No comes with no mounting, just a bare evap. If you take a look at some of my pics you can see I made my own mount out of plexiglass, universal to :)
Dice does have an advantage, being it will handle higher heat loads more effectively, but i agree for a dual core this would be a great unit, something like a i5 650 could really shine on this thing.

El Gappo

caution: do some research on sub ambient cooling before considering a phase change unit.

Yeah definitely, these things used to come with heated hold down's so they were idiot proof but it comes at the cost of performance. Whoever buys it will be getting a full insulation low down. Been at -50 for a few months now safe and sound ;)

It's a good beginner unit, once you try one you will get the bug and want something colder guaranteed lol.

El Gappo

Did I mention it's new and unused? :D Pics to come later today :good: Looks really cool, I want to take a dremel to it for a case mod but I'll leave that to one of you.

El Gappo

Wouldn't fancy trying to stick it on such a hot cpu tbh although they are rated at 180watts of heat load for -19 full load.

El Gappo

Sure you don't want a picture first? lol. Got to go pick my kittens up from the vets now, they just got the snip :( Will get some batteries on the way back for my camera ;)

funkysnair

VIP Member
sorry i thought that was the pic in 1st post. Using my mobile so i tend to slip a few sentences :) does it come in the same case?

El Gappo

Yeah Id defiantly go for a lower tdp dual core or an athlon II setup as that's where you will see the biggest gain, either way it will blow you wc setup away :) Just uploading the pics of the actual unit now, same as those reference pics in the op with a little more dust lol. Ill get it all cleaned up :good:

God image shack is slow today, Same case but without the top window, think only review samples had that. I can cut you a window in the top if you want tho ;)

Last edited: