Ultra case mod *must see*

Rambo

Firefox Crashing?

How did FF crash for you guys? The page loads perfectly on my PC... :confused:

Ku-sama said:
im going to be building my own computer case, does that classify as a mod?

Yeah, probably... Although, technically your not modifying anything, are you... :p

b182tm

That is a pretty sweet case man. I'd like to do some mods on my case, just not enough time/money/supplies. Hey dragon, where did you get your UV cathodes? Cuz I bought two cold cathode lights, and I thought they were UV, but they dont light my cables up. Again, great job.

Derek

Oops, forgo the second e in my name.

Last edited:

MIK3daG33K

Hey man great job, just wanted to be the 30 person to tell you so lol. I remember the K6 days when cases didn't come already moded. I used to have blisters from cutting the cases with some metal sheers (wasn't lucky enough to have a saw.) Course my work didn't look half as good as yours. I was just happy to have a clear glass side to my case, and man if it had a cold cathode you were the man lol. Seriously great job.

TheChef

Rambo said:

My computer took ages to load it and almost crashed a bunch of times. All those pictures got to it.

Ku-sama

banned
Rambo said:

Yeah, probably... Although, technically your not modifying anything, are you... :p

modifying the sheet aluminum? lol

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
lol, ku-sama, that wont class as a case mod itself, but im fairly sure your not just gonna build a box then leave it, theres gonna be a window and lights and fan holes etc.... so it will entail a lot of modding through self building, lol

Ku-sama

banned
dragon2309 said:
lol, ku-sama, that wont class as a case mod itself, but im fairly sure your not just gonna build a box then leave it, theres gonna be a window and lights and fan holes etc.... so it will entail a lot of modding through self building, lol

you know me all too well :p

im thinking about making it a UV case, as i have a blue lighted and a red lighted case, so i was thinking about a very multi-colored UV case... blue, red, purple, green, pink, orange, lol, the works.... when i get a CAD program that i can do 3d cases on, ill show it to you guys :p anyways, again, nice mod, i bet you made that 'ol K6 feel all good and tingly inside :p

lee101

VIP Member
wow, that's amazing!
you have inspired me to do something with my old p3 (so long as my parent's don't find out)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
wow, that's amazing!
you have inspired me to do something with my old p3 (so long as my parent's don't find out)
he he, wow, i never thought i would "inspire" anyone.....lol, anyway, if your doing anything that requires cutting metal, you'll fnd it hard to keep it a secret, any blade/saw becomes REALLY noisy on metal......lol

lee101

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
he he, wow, i never thought i would "inspire" anyone.....lol, anyway, if your doing anything that requires cutting metal, you'll fnd it hard to keep it a secret, any blade/saw becomes REALLY noisy on metal......lol
yeh, and the fact that a computer has suddenly got a hole in the side might just give it away aswell. Maybe i'll just stick with simple things, like another stick of ram for now

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
No no, i think everyone should try it, the thrill factor of just cutting up a case and spraying it and all the other stuff is quite emmense, and you are damn proud at the end of it, to see something YOU made, not like any premodded case, knowing its the only one in the whole world...... its a good feeling.

lee101

VIP Member
you've convinced me, i'm gonna spray the case first, and i'm not doing anything today.
Just gotta finish some bloody english coursework that my mum is insisting that i do :mad: and it hasn't even got to be in until thrusday

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
lol, remeber that if you aare palnning to make a window in the side of it then do the cutting and filing before you spray the case, the finish will be 10x better.

lee101

VIP Member
i don't think i'll put a window in, can't be bothered to find or buy any acrylic sheet, i think i will put some ventilation holes in though, and put a cathode above them, and maybe make a mounting for a 80mm led fan i have, an extra bit of coling wouldn't go a miss in there

sniperchang

Hey I done something like you did Dragon to my Case. Except I didn't know what design to make so I just cut out a square. Wich is cool cuz you can well see the inside of my case. Nice cut Dragon :D.