Unofficial Official Fallout 3 thread

ETSA

I pre-ordered and am attending the midnight release, which is here in about 3 or so hours, than I will installing and playing for numerous hours before going to bed way to late.

Anyone else?

I know gamespot is having midnight releases at midnight at all 1600 locations and some best buys are as well.

Let the awesomeness begin!

tlarkin

VIP Member
gotta wake up at 6am for work if I were to get it tonight at midnight I wouldn't be going to work. I am picking it up after work tomorrow and have the highest expectations for it.

ETSA

I am lucky, no work until 4pm, working evenings, well they call it nights but I am home before 8 normally! Hah, some good things about the military I guess, I have an exam tomorrow though, need to spend some time studying... :-(

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am lucky, no work until 4pm, working evenings, well they call it nights but I am home before 8 normally! Hah, some good things about the military I guess, I have an exam tomorrow though, need to spend some time studying... :-(

Too bad your exam isn't on post apocalyptic fallout survival, otherwise playing the game would just ace you the test! Or wait, is your exam on that?

ETSA

It is not, unfortunately, it is on Network Infrastructure (MS networking course taught by navy). The whole course covers Server 2k3, Exchange, Active Directory, etc etc...

I am friggin pumped for this game, however, my wife is already annoyed I will be staying up late :-(.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Oblivion got a 9.3

http://pc.ign.com/articles/698/698405p1.html

I think this will 100 times better than Oblivion though, as much as I loved that game.

I hope you are right. Oblivion was cool but it just got real repetitive and first person combat sucks. I mean there were some cool aspects of Oblivion but the story line just seemed so drawn out and boring. I felt like I was watching C-SPAN at times.

Fallout 1 and 2 are probably in my top 10 games of all time. I mean I still play them on occasion even though they are old and out dated because I like them that much. I am holding Bethesda to the same standards. I hope they live up to them.

I pretty much built my new PC to play this. Well to be fair I also want Star Craft 2, and Diablo III, and now that I have seen Left 4 dead and am a zombie freak I want that too, but it all started with Fallout 3. Otherwise I would just be using my Mac for everything.

ETSA

I bought it, and played it. It is good. Period. :)

The intro is kinda long, but sets you up well.

I will try to do some screen shots, but doubt I will have time this morning.

gamerman4

I hope it at least compares to Fallout 1 and 2 in the whole scope of things. A lot of games that have DnD style stats force you to have certain stat while other states make too little of a difference to be useful.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I hope it at least compares to Fallout 1 and 2 in the whole scope of things. A lot of games that have DnD style stats force you to have certain stat while other states make too little of a difference to be useful.

If you read the review it says it doesn't follow your standard leveling stats and skills, and does follow a more updated system

gamerman4

If you read the review it says it doesn't follow your standard leveling stats and skills, and does follow a more updated system

That still doesn't give you any indication of the stats being balanced. Fallout has always ventured away from the standard leveling systems.

tlarkin

VIP Member
That still doesn't give you any indication of the stats being balanced. Fallout has always ventured away from the standard leveling systems.

It has VATS, which is your action points, and it has SPECIAL which follows the Str, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck

It seems they kept it along the same lines. Read the article for reassurance. Of course I won't know for about 5 more hours when I go pick up my copy!

gamerman4

It has VATS, which is your action points, and it has SPECIAL which follows the Str, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck

It seems they kept it along the same lines. Read the article for reassurance. Of course I won't know for about 5 more hours when I go pick up my copy!

I know, what I am worried about is that will having one stat be better than having another stat, the game has a great score so I'm sure they are balanced. In fallout tactics for example, they used the same stats but they are not balanced. High charisma meant little to nothing on how your game went so there was no use in upping that stat, this is what I mean by unbalanced. I will be getting it tomorrow, I hope it is great. I have always loved the series.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I know, what I am worried about is that will having one stat be better than having another stat, the game has a great score so I'm sure they are balanced. In fallout tactics for example, they used the same stats but they are not balanced. High charisma meant little to nothing on how your game went so there was no use in upping that stat, this is what I mean by unbalanced. I will be getting it tomorrow, I hope it is great. I have always loved the series.

Yeah but tactics was a different game all together. I think it was even done by a third party and wasn't even done by the original Black Isle team,

gamerman4

Yeah but tactics was a different game all together. I think it was even done by a third party and wasn't even done by the original Black Isle team,

Regardless, it shows that in some games it is possible that by choosing certain stats over others, it can be very detrimental to you, especially when you have free reign over what stats your character can have. Anyways, I will have to see when I get the game how well each stat improves your character.

tlarkin

VIP Member
yeah it is skill based though and stats only really affect rolls and initial skills, but you are correct we will have to see, and I can't wait!!!!!!