*Unofficial* Smiles Benchmark ranking thread!

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Discussion Thread!

Go to the official thread!!

Preview:

Bench.png

contact me or Vistakid on the forum with a pm!

SmileMan & Vistakid

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Isn't working for me. Shortcut doesn't work. You need to make the file an executable by (in Visual Studio or Visual Basic Express or whatever you used) going to 'Build' in the top toolbar, then click on 'Build <application name here>' and then the exe will be located in the folder where you saved your VB project files in a folder called 'bin' and then there should be a folder inside that called 'Debug' where the exe will be located.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Isn't working for me. Shortcut doesn't work. You need to make the file an executable by (in Visual Studio or Visual Basic Express or whatever you used) going to 'Build' in the top toolbar, then click on 'Build <application name here>' and then the exe will be located in the folder where you saved your VB project files in a folder called 'bin' and then there should be a folder inside that called 'Debug' where the exe will be located.

yeah, made a shortcut for that exe... :p
But I'll post it in the thread where to go for it
smiles benchmark --> smiles app --> smiles app --> bin --> Debug --> smilesapp.exe

spirit

Staff member
You only need to make us download the exe, you don't want us downloading all the project files otherwise somebody could nick your code....

Virssagòn

VIP Member
You only need to make us download the exe, you don't want us downloading all the project files otherwise somebody could nick your code....

Thats the problem man, I made the exe, but it doesn't work without files...

EDIT: Solved, it does work without!! ;P
Made download link like that now

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
weird, it works for me with other pc's, let's talk further in pm.
Maybe you didn't instal .NET Framework very well?

spirit

Staff member
Yes I've extracted all the files. I'll try running 'Smiles app.exe' in the Release folder.

You say it sometimes takes a while to start up?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Yes I've extracted all the files. I'll try running 'Smiles app.exe' in the Release folder.

You say it sometimes takes a while to start up?

yeah, it takes a while...
But read above^^, you picked up the wrong folder...
and it's smilesapp.

edit: try the new download, only the exe is init. For all my pc's it's wotking...

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
I tried in the Debug folder too and it just crashes, it says 'WindowsApplication1' has stopped responding.

I have .NET Framework 4.0 installed as I have Visual Studio 2010.

ohdear.png

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Try the new download! (if there are more problems, send a pm!)
here is an example of my other pc that it works lol :p

naamloostx.jpg

spirit

Staff member
OK thanks, will try. Have you updated the original post with the new download link?

Looking forward to seeing what score I get! Did you get my PM by the way?

EDIT - still crashing. Going to try on another PC.

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

Does it work for you?

I tried it on college computer but no lucky. Just like vistakid's computer. I will try it on my computer later.

It is possible boot up problem is because of debug? Try to start program without debug or you can sent us a Visual file. See if i can do.

Also is there any other file that we need to download before we can using your benchmark?

PS: I know some basic program since i study some program at home.

spirit

Staff member
You can do Basic program Vistakid?

Yeah I can program in Visual Basic.NET. I started learning 2 years ago. :)

I want to learn Python on the Raspberry-Pi.

OK I tried on a virtual machine of Vista with the latest .NET Framework installed, still crashing. :( Is there something installed on your system which it needs in order to run?

spirit

Staff member
I had a look at the application in Visual Studio, seems there are some errors.

errors.png

Check over your code again and see if there are any errors. If you built the program with the errors; that's why it's not working for us.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I had a look at the application in Visual Studio, seems there are some errors.

errors.png

Check over your code again and see if there are any errors. If you built the program with the errors; that's why it's not working for us.

there are no problems when I open it in vb...
I'll send you the code.