Upgrade for my Lenovo ideacentre Y700-34ISH with i5-6400 cpu [Solved]

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
All depends like I said if it has any proprietary cable connections from case to motherboard. Does the side panel remove from the left or right as you are facing the front of it? If its on the left then its an atx case, if its on the right then its a btx case. If it opens on the left then it will be fine.

veakin

Its from the left. Nice.
Thank you so much for all the knowledge and advice, you have given - Much appreciated.

Fyi, I have decided to start out with

Samsung 870 EVO 2.5" SSD - 500GB​

I will mark the threah as [Solved].

veakin

Hi again,

I find my power supply a bit noisy and was actually thinking about upgrading that aswell. However, I am in doubt whether my Lenovo is compatible with a power supply with 600-750 watt instead of the original 450 watt

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't plan on getting a high end video card and just use onboard video then you don't need anything that high wattage. Normally a 450 watt psu will be fine, but you can't skimp on a psu as its the backbone of your system. You need to have a good brand and model like EVGA, Corsair, Thermaltake, Antec.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No its not, it's a cheap no name OEM unit. As I said, stay with one of the brands I listed.

veakin

Yeah but the one I have now is just the one that came with the pc when i bought it

I will look into above mentioned brands

veakin

Since I am looking to upgrade my video card long term, I was looking at these two from the brands mentioned above:

EVGA BR 600 or CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M - Strømforsyning (intern) - ATX12V / EPS12V - 80 PLUS Bronze - AC 100-240 V - 550 Watt