Upgrading my Computer a little. Suggestions?

Motherboard Z97 I think...? MSI. I really would like to overclock the CPU if I'm not gonna upgrade it.

I'd like the liquid cooler cause I feel more comfortable with it. I don't really know how simple it is to install a fan CPU cooler, or if my mid tower can fit it. Also, liquid looks cooler and compact. I'd want something cheaper, but I don't mind at this point as long as I can overclock.

Don't get in an argument. XD it's alright guys, I just want a good suggestion. I don't wanna waste money or what not. And I also want some new case fans.

I'm actually moving houses and I wanted to upgrade and rewire things as I transfer houses. Get me? So if you guys could just help me out that'd be fantastic. :)

Deadpool

Motherboard Z97 I think...? MSI. I really would like to overclock the CPU if I'm not gonna upgrade it.

I'd like the liquid cooler cause I feel more comfortable with it. I don't really know how simple it is to install a fan CPU cooler, or if my mid tower can fit it. Also, liquid looks cooler and compact. I'd want something cheaper, but I don't mind at this point as long as I can overclock.

Don't get in an argument. XD it's alright guys, I just want a good suggestion. I don't wanna waste money or what not. And I also want some new case fans.

I'm actually moving houses and I wanted to upgrade and rewire things as I transfer houses. Get me? So if you guys could just help me out that'd be fantastic. :)

Dude go to you case´s official website and it will probably say what height does it support. Take mine as an example:

http://www.raidmax.com/chassis_narwhal.html

Scroll down and you´ll se it.

Listen I also recommend you take a look at the Cryorig H7. It´s $35 and a bit better than the EVO.

By the way, you can OC with that motherboard( if it is Z97 of course). How much will depend on the quality of the motherboard and your cooler.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I´ll give you some clues:

1-Move

2-Up and down

3-Rough

Make the connections buddy.

Those things are way too heavy, it is adviced not to move you PC around too much or too abruptly when installed.
Make the connections? Why not compose a proper sentence?

Why are you moving them up and down "rough" in the first place? You try to make it sound like people just throw their computers around all the time.

Dude go to you case´s official website and it will probably say what height does it support. Take mine as an example:

http://www.raidmax.com/chassis_narwhal.html

Scroll down and you´ll se it.

Listen I also recommend you take a look at the Cryorig H7. It´s $35 and a bit better than the EVO.

By the way, you can OC with that motherboard( if it is Z97 of course). How much will depend on the quality of the motherboard and your cooler.

Ok I'll check all the stuff when I get home. Ok...I'm hoping it can handle just like a little overclock. Kinda a noob at overclocking

Deadpool

Make the connections? Why not compose a proper sentence?

Why are you moving them up and down "rough" in the first place? You try to make it sound like people just throw their computers around all the time.

English is not my mother language. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Try to make it sound like that? What reason would I have to do that? All I'm saying is that you have to be extra careful if you own one of those coolers. It's not a big deal.

Ok I'll check all the stuff when I get home. Ok...I'm hoping it can handle just like a little overclock. Kinda a noob at overclocking

Just tell us the model when you can. You can use CPUZ for that.

Deadpool

Motherboard is MSI Z97 PC - MATE (MS - 7850)

Well looking at the picture it seems to have a 6+2 Phase (3+1 with a doubler), but I´m no expert on predicting OC capabilities. I was hoping the others would answer this.

Although I can tell you it is a low-end Z97, meaning I don´t think you should go over 4.3GHz. Maybe 4.5 depending on your cooler.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't think you have a bottleneck either. How are you coming to this conclusion?

Ok...But it looks like it is. In task manager while playing Battlefield 1 I saw it go up to 100%.

And uh something new literally just happened. Turned on the Witcher 3... My GPU is on fire. Like it's so stupidly hot it hurt my hand when I touched it. And it was making a really high pitch squeaking sound I've never heard before. when i turned off Witcher 3 the noise stopped...What Is going???

Deadpool

Ok...But it looks like it is. In task manager while playing Battlefield 1 I saw it go up to 100%.

And uh something new literally just happened. Turned on the Witcher 3... My GPU is on fire. Like it's so stupidly hot it hurt my hand when I touched it. And it was making a really high pitch squeaking sound I've never heard before. when i turned off Witcher 3 the noise stopped...What Is going???

Are the fans working? Did you mess around with your fan settings with Afterburner or something?

By the way were you able to see the temps it reached? Most GPUs are fine at 90C+ (not recommended that they go over 80C for too long though).

Last edited:
Ok maybe the heat is alright, but the sound is weird and louder than usual. Also, my CPU is running at 90% while playing the Witcher 3

Yeah I guess it's fine...ugh. I'm just so sick of looking at everything. I have an SSD. apparently 8GB RAM is fine. my GPU is a "beast" according to everyone. my CPU should be working better. I have fine fans. Wires don't change performance. I have a 1080p 144hz monitor. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! I should be getting 100fps on most games on ultra, not 50 with non stop frame drops. I turn off Vsync and all that stuff. I'm so desperate at this point I'd do anything. I'm so sick of my computer not performing right.

Deadpool

Yeah I guess it's fine...ugh. I'm just so sick of looking at everything. I have an SSD. apparently 8GB RAM is fine. my GPU is a "beast" according to everyone. my CPU should be working better. I have fine fans. Wires don't change performance. I have a 1080p 144hz monitor. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! I should be getting 100fps on most games on ultra, not 50 with non stop frame drops. I turn off Vsync and all that stuff. I'm so desperate at this point I'd do anything. I'm so sick of my computer not performing right.

Have you tried benchmarking your PC? You could compare results, maybe what you are expecting is too much. Try comparing you benchmark results with world wide results and see if something is not working properly or if it´s you that expects too much of your hardware.

Although I agree with what you say. You should be getting a lot more FPS. Maybe your CPU is downclocked? Maybe you are using Windows Power Saver mode?

Just in case, SSDs do not affect FPS.

Try running some benchs and tests. Maybe something is deffective.

I have been, I'm getting like 50 - 60 fps and fps drops constantly on Ultra on Battefield 1. while other people are getting 80 or 90 and no fps drops. I don't know how my CPU could be downclocked. Huh seems like power saver is on...think it'll make a difference? Should I change it to Balanced or high performance?

Deadpool

I have been, I'm getting like 50 - 60 fps and fps drops constantly on Ultra on Battefield 1. while other people are getting 80 or 90 and no fps drops. I don't know how my CPU could be downclocked. Huh seems like power saver is on...think it'll make a difference? Should I change it to Balanced or high performance?

Balanced. The High performance keeps your CPU at max frequencies all the time for no reason and really doesn't help with the temps.