Upgrading my Computer a little. Suggestions?

Not in Battlefield 1. Trying The Witcher 3 now. Got 75 - 80 fps average, kinda cool actually. But Battlefield 1 is still the same crappy 50 fps.

Darren

Staff member
Not in Battlefield 1. Trying The Witcher 3 now. Got 75 - 80 fps average, kinda cool actually. But Battlefield 1 is still the same crappy 50 fps.
That Witcher 3 performance sounds normal for your specs so everything should be working okay. Can't comment on BF1 though, no experience with it.

Other instances of bad/mediocre performance?

Well, I feel like I should be getting more fps with DOOM, but it's only been around 60 and rarely 30 drops. But maybe cause I put that on my HDD card. I need to try it again sometime soon.

bf1-benchmark-1080p-dx11.png
I should be getting 95 FPS on Battlefield 1, But I can't even play the damn game if I don't put the settings on Medium... :/

mistersprinkles

Because it kinda looks like you jammed two turds between some metal heatsink. Not a huge fan of that aesthetic. :p I hear they work really well though.

The color of poo is the color of performance, my friend. Noctua fans have a very pleasant sound signature, are quiet, vibrate very very little, and they last a long time. They are very well made. Yes, they're brown. It's a questionable design choice. They're fantastic though. My front intakes are both Noctua and I love them.

I've had those fans, btw, for over six years running 12-24 hours a day every day.

Also, I once had a problem with a noctua fan that started vibrating. It was out of warranty and I threw the receipt away years ago. Email Noctua one simple email with my situation, they send back an email asking for my address so they can ship me a replacement. The only condition was that I had to promise to destroy the defective fan once I received the new one. That was it. Whole thing took like 20 minutes. My new fan showed up a few days later. They even sent me a little brochure and a bunch of case badges and stickers. Also their mounting system for their air coolers is a delight to deal with and not even slightly frustrating like some other brands.

Deadpool

Also, I once had a problem with a noctua fan that started vibrating. It was out of warranty and I threw the receipt away years ago. Email Noctua one simple email with my situation, they send back an email asking for my address so they can ship me a replacement. The only condition was that I had to promise to destroy the defective fan once I received the new one. That was it. Whole thing took like 20 minutes. My new fan showed up a few days later. They even sent me a little brochure and a bunch of case badges and stickers. Also their mounting system for their air coolers is a delight to deal with and not even slightly frustrating like some other brands.

Yes Noctua makes good stuff. Not surprising... The other thing though... Holy moly, that is good service. And I though Amazon was cool. DAMN! :eek:

Deadpool

Anyone mind helping me out? XD

I mean if you are getting normal FPS on The Witcher and not on BF1, maybe BF1 is more CPU intensive like GTA V and your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU in that specific game. You mentioned your CPU went to 100% on BF1. Does it still do that?