Usb 2.0

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
34erd said:
Oops. I didn't realize I was being unspecific to who I was referring to, post deleted. By the way I was refering that post to Metzzen1 even though I was quoting you :eek:

Yeah, the DFI boards are the only one's I've seen with that problem.

no big deal. no offense taken. all i know is, computers can be tricky at times. i've worked on a lot of them.

Adam135

I recently formated my drive and reinstalled windows XP, I to have an iPod and when i hooked it up to my apparent USB 2.0 it came up with his message. T

he OS was giving me bother every time with drivers (Like AGP drivers) so I borrowed a disk from someone and using my CD Key and installing WIndows again it fixed the problem.

That is how I got around the problem.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Great, glad that info's sorted out. Technology advanced, knowledge didn't.

Well, haven't seen a reply since by the original thread starter, has it been resolved?

Alx717

it does seem weird to have to install drivers for usb, but my motherboard came with them and i just reinstalled everything on that computer to try to fix something on it, and the usb also didn't work (same problem as you're having) i haven't installed those drivers yet but that might fix it if you can find some drivers

Actually, yes USB ports do have drivers, pretty much everything in your computer has a driver for it, and alot of stuff including the USB 2 drivers, are standard with Windows XP.

I too have been having a problem with my USB 2 ports, and i know they are USB 2 cuz the booklet says they are. Windows wont reconize them as USB 2 and tells me that they arnt when i hook something in. Driver issue, though i cant find any drivers to install and the ones from the CD wont install cuz they say that since i have XP i dont need them and refuses to install. How crappy is that deal?

Metzzen1 said:
didnt know where to put this sorry

Whenever i hook my ipod to my computer it says "you could synch faster if you use a high speed USB 2.0 port" or somethin along those lines, it gives me the option to select one but it says there are no USB 2.0 host controllers on my system

what can i do to use USB 2.0? Do i just need a driver for my motherboard?

mobo: DFI lan party SLI-DR expert
CPU: AMD 3800+ X2 OC 2.4ghz
1gb PQI TURBO pc3200
GPU: geforce 7900GT KO

I dont think any of the other stuff is relevant

Ok i found a way to fix this. You need the disk that came with your mobo, it should have USB 2 drivers on it, if they wont install, then force them to. When i checked under device manager, it said that my USB controller didnt have any drivers installed, which windows was SUPPOSED to do during installation. So maybe you USB controller didnt get drivers installed like it should have.

To force them to install, go to device manager and find the USB Controller and click install drivers and have the mobo cd in and tell it to install and it should work, might take a whle though.

34erd

{LSK} Otacon said:
Ok i found a way to fix this. You need the disk that came with your mobo, it should have USB 2 drivers on it, if they wont install, then force them to. When i checked under device manager, it said that my USB controller didnt have any drivers installed, which windows was SUPPOSED to do during installation. So maybe you USB controller didnt get drivers installed like it should have.

To force them to install, go to device manager and find the USB Controller and click install drivers and have the mobo cd in and tell it to install and it should work, might take a whle though.
Actualy, you dont want to install the USB drivers off the mobo CD for the DFI Lanparty boards. The drivers are only meant for pre-XP OSs which dont already have USB 2.0 support. When you install them on XP, it'll force USB 1.1. I think the problem is that he already has installed the drivers, but we haven't heard back from him.