USB Secure Issue

felcade2

Hello all, I have a seriously ugly problem. I've had USB Secure on my 1TB external drive for a couple of years now, and suddenly I am getting a pop-up that denies me access to my encrypted files (screenshot below). I am not technologically competent, but I REALLY need access to these files, it is absolutely imperative. Does anyone have a clue what this is, how to fix the issue so that I can log-in to the software, or how I could have the data decrypted (I don't even know if this is possible)? Please speak to me as though I am an 8 year old, because that's the level I operate on with these things.

This is so important I would definitely be willing to offer a cash reward lol. I appreciate ANY help or leads, thank you in advance!!

Screenshot (1823).png

Hopefully relevant info:
Windows 10 laptop
USB Secure 2.2.0.0

Trizoy

VIP Member
I don't know how the "USB secure" software works, don't know if it takes a password to authenticate you are you.. is it possible the caps lock is on?

If that doesn't work, try a clean restart of the machine. Could be something wonky.

Darren

Staff member
Either your password is wrong or the software is misbehaving somehow. Not really sure we can advise much. Probably have a hard time decrypting it though if you can't get access normally.

beers

Staff member
I'd clone the volume before performing any work, but could you decrypt/mount and run any sort of file system check on the contents?