usb soundcard via hdmi?

golden member

No it's not. You keep seeming to think you can only run the HDMI audio. You seem bent and determined to use another audio source. So I'm telling you that you can but it's stupid to do so.

I dont think something like that, its just your own thought. Why dont you answer my questions instead of imagine things?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You won't notice any difference in sound between hdmi or dedicated card unless you have a decent pair of speakers. You are making this harder then what it is. Forget about a USB sound card and use hdmi or a cable from on board sound to tv or use your pc speakers.

golden member

You won't notice any difference in sound between hdmi or dedicated card unless you have a decent pair of speakers. You are making this harder then what it is. Forget about a USB sound card and use hdmi or a cable from on board sound to tv or use your pc speakers.

I m not talking about differences in sound. I have already a usb soundcard, why should I forget it? How do you know if I have a decent pair of speakers or a cheap one? I already use an hdmi cable as I said in first post.
Can we now talk about my points?
All AMD HD cards have the same quality in their internal soundcards?
Is this soundcard better than my mobo's one(Gigabyte ga 970a ud3) ?
Which Creative models(or any other firm) the AMD HD cards are similar with?

ScottALot

It doesnt matter to know what quality is amd's internal soundcards?!
Then how can someone know if he should buy a pci soundcard or stay with amd videocard?

Do you have a quality (i.e. expensive) pair of speakers?

If yes: There may be a slight difference in sound quality if that's what your concern is. In this case, you may want to buy a dedicated sound card.

If no: Any reasonable AMD or nVidia card's audio capabilities will be absolutely fine, you will not be able to detect it. There is no detectable difference in audio quality between models of GPUs.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
The audio processor in my 560Ti I use in my HTPC is perfectly fine for my 7.1 system. They're pretty high quality.

Geoff

VIP Member
Dude, you seem hell-bent on trying to use a dedicated sound card with your HDMI port on your video card, or you want to know exactly how good the AMD sound processing is via HDMI out.

What device is the HDMI cable feeding? A TV? An amplifier? The end device is what makes the difference in determining sound quality when using digital audio, it's what performs the bulk of the audio processing (i.e. Dolby, DTS, etc.).

golden member

Do you have a quality (i.e. expensive) pair of speakers?

If yes: There may be a slight difference in sound quality if that's what your concern is. In this case, you may want to buy a dedicated sound card.

If no: Any reasonable AMD or nVidia card's audio capabilities will be absolutely fine, you will not be able to detect it. There is no detectable difference in audio quality between models of GPUs.

I have everything. Cheap speakers inside TV. Medium speakers which I connect sometimes when I use htpc on TV. Expensive speakers in my main pc(I also have dedicated cards).
Now that you learned about my speakers, could you answer the questions?

Dude, you seem hell-bent on trying to use a dedicated sound card with your HDMI port on your video card, or you want to know exactly how good the AMD sound processing is via HDMI out.

What device is the HDMI cable feeding? A TV? An amplifier? The end device is what makes the difference in determining sound quality when using digital audio, it's what performs the bulk of the audio processing (i.e. Dolby, DTS, etc.).

I m not hell-bent, just ask for info.

The hdmi cable is connected in the hdmi port of 6450 and in the hdmi port of tv.

Last edited:

ScottALot

I have everything. Cheap speakers inside TV. Medium speakers which I connect sometimes when I use htpc on TV. Expensive speakers in my main pc(I also have dedicated cards).
Now that you learned about my speakers, could you answer the questions?

You're not going to last long on this forum, that's for sure.

You never told us which speakers you mean to hook up to this setup. So before you get feisty with us asking us to be crystal clear, how about you tell us exactly what your situation is. What are you hooking this setup to, or are you going to be moving this thing around your house?

Now I can answer your questions generally...

Any device outputting audio over HDMI or any other digital output is exactly the same because it's digital. It relies on whatever is receiving this audio stream to perform better or worse.

Geoff

VIP Member
If you're using built-in TV speakers or even mid-ranged speakers attached to the TV, the sound card on your PC is the least of your concerns as far as quality goes. The high end speakers on your PC sound like they would be connected via optical anyways.

I would invest in a better receiver for your TV.

golden member

You're not going to last long on this forum, that's for sure.

You mean that I ll get dissapointed and leave? I m not so harsh, I ll give you chances before that.

You never told us which speakers you mean to hook up to this setup.

You never asked. Which setup? I said I m talking for pc+tv via hdmi cable. Really simple.

So before you get feisty with us asking us to be crystal clear, how about you tell us exactly what your situation is. What are you hooking this setup to, or are you going to be moving this thing around your house?

I m not feisty but you see what happened, you made many offtopics, then you accuse me for not telling things you didnt ask.... Are you angry because you dont know the answer about those amd internal soundcards?
Why you need my situation when thread's question was "Can I use a usb soundcard via hdmi"? I was told "no" and I guess thats all. Exept if you disagree.

Any device outputting audio over HDMI or any other digital output is exactly the same because it's digital. It relies on whatever is receiving this audio stream to perform better or worse.

I didnt ask that.

If you're using built-in TV speakers or even mid-ranged speakers attached to the TV, the sound card on your PC is the least of your concerns as far as quality goes.

Yes of course I know that.

The mid-ranged speakers attached to the PC, not to the TV. TV only shows the picture.

Btw, I read in your sign that your monitor has a resolution 2560x1440. Is this possible? I though maximum resolution was 1920x1080.

Last edited:

ScottALot

You mean that I'll get disappointed and leave? I'm not so harsh, I'll give you chances before that.

AMqUk5k.png

You never asked. Which setup? I said I m talking for pc+tv via hdmi cable. Really simple.

Not our job.

I m not feisty... *snip*

Yes you are.

Final answer: It's not going to matter much which sound setup you use. But you'll reply asking me to answer your question, so my suggestion is buy whatever is the most expensive. Then it's gotta be the best

Geoff

VIP Member
Btw, I read in your sign that your monitor has a resolution 2560x1440. Is this possible? I though maximum resolution was 1920x1080.
That is correct, my computer monitor has a resolution of 2560x1440, my MacBook Pro has a resolution of 2560x1600, and my LG G3 smartphone has a resolution of 1440x2560.

golden member

Yes you are.

No you are, look the image you just uploaded...

Final answer: It's not going to matter much which sound setup you use. But you'll reply asking me to answer your question, so my suggestion is buy whatever is the most expensive. Then it's gotta be the best

This answer refers where?
Because for once more you re talking about things I never asked.

That is correct, my computer monitor has a resolution of 2560x1440, my MacBook Pro has a resolution of 2560x1600, and my LG G3 smartphone has a resolution of 1440x2560.

I though that the maximum screen resolution is 1920x1080.
So, which is the maximum resolution?

Is there any TV with 2560x1600?