uTorrent

amh38

Hey guys,

I have uTorrent and have been getting really slow download speeds. I tried portforwarding but that is still not helping. Can someone help?

Sincerely,

Alex

amh38

The problem is that I have tried download all different things and they all ussually stay under 5 or 6 kbps. That is so slow! Please help!

Punk

Staff member
This conversation will be soon CLosed.

This subject is not tolerated here. (Utorrents not download speeds)

Cleric7x9

most cable internet providers in the US have throttled p2p connections. it used to be that downloads were limited on the server (uploader) side, but there are now cheap internet services that will upload quickly, so internet connections started getting saturated quickly. because many houses share a single cable internet line, people started complaining of slow connections, which was attributed to p2p downloading, thus: p2p throttling.

i guess i should have asked this first: what kind of internet do you have?

Cheese

banned
before they said that's no excuse to keep this open. unless he tells us whats he's downloading and prove it we can only suspect it of being illegal.

Punk

Staff member
Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around

I'm no Mod so I have no power over this forum but I've seen already more than a hundred subjects asking pretty much the same thing... So why can't you find your answers on them? Because they have been all closed and some members got banned for that.

Webbenji

hermeslyre

VIP Member
P2p software is not illegal. Hell it's not even unmoral. There is nothing wrong with running this type of software, A sharing tool, and asking for help. If you seriously think everyone who uses this type of program is doing so for illegal ends then you're accusing me of it, and probably a whole lotta other people on this forum also.

Punk

Staff member
I never said everyone of them use it for illegal reasons. Don't make me say things I did not say. I said that since most of the people who use them do it illegally, this is subject we do not talk about in here.

PS: I never said P2P softwares were illegal...

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I never said everyone of them use it for illegal reasons. Don't make me say things I did not say. I said that since most of the people who use them do it illegally, this is subject we do not talk about in here.

PS: I never said P2P softwares were illegal...

Exactly, Illegal p2p is illegal p2p. This isn't.

If this thread needed locking then it would have been locked by now.

lock.gif

Cheese

banned
before they said that's no excuse to keep this open. unless he tells us whats he's downloading and prove it we can only suspect it of being illegal.

don't mean to quote myself but a mod said this, not me. i think if a mod said it it goes without saying.

Kornowski

VIP Member
In Utorrent, is there a way to watch or listen to something before the download has finished, sort of like streaming it?

Burgerbob

There is in Azereus with certain media. I use Azereus for all my torrent stuff, I love the new Vuze setup.