Very strange issue. Internet speed 100% fine but connection choppy and constantly dropping when gaming and browsing online?

Hello. So I am having internet issues with my Computer. The speed test shows the internet is fine that I am getting the speed I am paying for but when gaming like Call of Duty or Rust I keep losing connection constantly and getting dropped out of the match, even Facebook and Youtube won't load at times or take very long to load, whereas before it used to be almost instant.
The drops happen every 30 seconds to max of 5 minutes before they occur again but it never stops it keeps constantly happening. I updated the LAN drivers on my Z390 Aorus PRO but that didn't fix it. I also just got a new Router/Modem replacement from my ISP and did a fresh Windows 10 install yesterday but it doesn't fix the issue. New ethernet cable did not fix it. I use my computer via Ethernet directly from the Router/Modem unit which is 3 feet away from my PC switching to USB Wifi Adapter did not fix the issue either. I don't have another computer at home to test the Network on. My last option is to bring it to a local Computer shop in town tomorrow and they are going to let me use it on their Network for a little bit to see if if the issue still occurs.

I will try to record some gameplay of the issue and posted on here but I am pretty much out of solution at this point since nothing I tried has worked. I was hoping maybe someone else might have some suggestions?

forum.PNG

Last edited:
Sounds like packet loss, likely from your ISP somewhere in their stream given how much you've troubleshooted/changed. I'd get your ISP involved before taking the actual computer somewhere.

That's the thing they already gave me a fresh brand new Router/Modem unit today. I've ran the old router with the same PC configuration Flawlessly for 1.5 years, never had a single issue until last week when the Internet started crapping out on me.

Looks like the new Modem/Router (2 in 1) they gave me is working better this evening. I just joined some random High pop server on Rust for like 35 minutes and to my surprise I had Zero disconnections or time outs. So I am gonna mess around more tomorrow and see if its really resolved.

When it was happening it was atrocious I would keep getting kicked out of any online match I would play over and over every 20 seconds or so. Will see I'll post a small update on here later tomorrow to see if its resolved or not.

Darren

Staff member
Your router can fix it but generally when I see that kind of behavior, it's "upstream" from you, meaning somewhere within your ISP's infrastructure that's having problems and irrelevant of your home setup. Typically they know about these issues, but if you're having consistent problems with a new AP (router), this is where I would start.

Your router can fix it but generally when I see that kind of behavior, it's "upstream" from you, meaning somewhere within your ISP's infrastructure that's having problems and irrelevant of your home setup. Typically they know about these issues, but if you're having consistent problems with a new AP (router), this is where I would start.
Yeah I did call them yesterday and they reported no issues on their end for my service. I am just about to play some Cold War TDM Multiplayer see if it disconnects me or not, really surprised if it doesn't because it was unplayable last few days and Rust as well.