Video editing software

NLForLif

Hello guys, Im looking for a solid video editing program. I was looking for a beginner -intermediate kind of programe, that is free(havent found any) or lower-mid price range. Im not looking for adobe kind of software since its too costy and I will not be able to use all of its functions. Thank you. Oh, and must be compatible with windows 10.

Peakkk

I think wondershare video editor is free to download. it's not for professional editing, easy to use.

C4C

Blender isn't a video editor, and Windows Movie Maker is terrible.

Sony Vegas is an option, Adobe Premiere, or if you have a GoPro their studio software is decent.

Not free but I can vouch for Sony Vegas. I've never been let down except for when I ran out of RAM. :p

WhoX

Blender isn't a video editor

The VSE within Blender is a complete video editing system that allows you to combine multiple video channels and add effects to them. Its functionality has been inside Blender since the beginning. Even though it has a limited number of operations, you can use these to create powerful video edits (especially when you combine it with the animation power of Blender!) Furthermore, it is extensible via a plugin system to perform an unlimited number of image manipulations. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Sequencer

Windows Movie Maker is terrible

I used Windows Movie Maker to create a really nice family video, for which I'm still getting compliments on. Just depends on how well you know the software you are using.

WhoX

Besides what I've already suggested, the software I use the most is Adobe Premiere Elements. It's cheap and has a lot of functions.

NLForLif

Well, Ive been thinking about creating tech videos, so sony vegas looks good to me atm, wouldnt like to waste 100e on adobe haha, guys need another program:

A program with which you can create an intro animation, plz no adobe, since its too expensive, any thoughts? Thank you

WhoX

Google + open source video editing or Google + free video editor or Google + video editing software

Using a search engine isn't that hard...it's not rocket science.

edgar gillham

have you tried Linux dream studio? default video editor is cinelerra, a multi featured FREE video editor. It's not for the faint heart though, there is a learning curve. For windows I use Sony Vegas, easy to learn and multi-featured. I particularly like the audio editing features, open audio tracks in an audio editor like audacity or the one provided. Most free downloads are NOT free, a word to the wise.

Okedokey

Adobe CC gives you 30 days. I reinstall my OS more often than that so simply just reinstall the demo every time I need it ;)

edgar gillham

Open source is usually great, such programs as audacity are outstanding examples. However Linux still accounts for only about 1% of the market. Cinelerra, a great open source video editor, mysteriously does not capture digital video and does have a formidable learning curve. For those who want to video edit in windows an early copy of Sony Vegas would be a fine choice. Early issues have virtually all the features of later versions but can be found on internet for 1/3 the price. The program often comes with video instruction disk and walk through directions sufficient for someone of average intelligence to get started. It also comes with a second DVD editing program for those who want to learn advanced techniques.

NLForLif

Hello guys, I've downloaded blender the other day and I must say that I am AMAZED. It works extremely nice, has multiple advanced options aswell, imo you don't need a better video editing software if you aint pro. It also allows you to make animations so its a win-win program.