Video editing software

NLForLif

Thank you, yes. Btw, do you know any good blender video animation(intro) tutorials? I can totally recommend Mikeycal Meyers' blender video editing tutorials as great ones, amazing.

Btw, what software, besides the microsoft one, would be a good voice/audio recorder?

Last edited:

WhoX

My audio recording needs are basic. I do some combining and cutting tracks, and for that I use Audacity. I have Magix Music Maker 2015 Premium, for which I paid a 100 Euros for, but I rarely ever use it. My daughter gets more use out of it then I do. Audacity is my go to audio editor, it's a good solid piece of software.

Download: Audacity

Dart77

I used Windows Movie Maker to create a really nice family video, for which I'm still getting compliments on. Just depends on how well you know the software you are using.

Don't agree sorry, Geoff is correct, it is an absolutely horrible program, full of bugs and crashes for no reason constantly without a backup saved! It is also quite primitive with limited functions -the best one it has I found was it can mirror a clip. I used it for about a year and lost many edits due to it crashing. Then I bought Video Pad from NCH software and even though this is an extremely frustrating and pedantic program to use, at least it didn't crash as often and when it does, it always saves a backup copy. But I certainly don't recommend VP and I am no on the hunt for a better program.

Okedokey

Premiere Pro and Audition. Video and sound with loads of functionality. You can use the demos for 30 days. I usually reinstall Windows within that time, so its an ongoing use case.

spirit

Staff member
If you're on a budget I'd recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements (Vegas is probably the better option and is usually cheaper - you can also buy Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio for audio editing if you require that).

Unfortunately there no good free video editing solutions, but since you can get Vegas Movie Studio for around £40 and Premiere Elements for around £60, they are usually your best options and miles better than any free solution. You can usually get Vegas Movie Studio bundled with Sound Forge Audio Studio if you pay a bit more, and you can buy Premiere Elements with Photoshop Elements too which is good for video and photo editing on a budget.

If you can afford to spend more I'd get a Creative Cloud subscription and go with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition which should cover you for video and audio editing. If you want to render effects then you can also get Adobe After Effects on that subscription too which integrates really well with Premiere Pro. Worth it!

I used Vegas Movie Studio for years before I started learning how to use Premiere Pro CS5.5 and then I moved from CS5.5 to CC 2014, and now CC 2015. :)