Vista graphics !!

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
i just finished setting up windows vista beta 2 ... but i found that the performance sucks really
is my PC too slow for it .. or what ?
may be it's my AGP..?
somebody suggest anything
what do i need to upgrade to keep up with vista ?

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I've read stories about Vista's video requirements, and "they" say that you'll need a minimum of 128MB on a separate graphics card, and signed drivers, in order to run it properly. This pretty much rules out most everyday consumer machines. Unless companies like Dull, eMachines, HP, and Compuke all add big graphics cards (forcing pc prices upwards), Vista will be a tough sell for the average user who just wants to surf and do email.
Tom

Last edited:

JustCallMeBob

Where did you get that image duane? No wonder cause thats not windows vista, thats a Linux system running KDE. Konqueror is KDEs version of windows explorer.

Dr Studly

banned
look this all over and you will figure out it is gona require some fancy hardware
here are some vista screenshots of various beta versions:

feat_searchOrg_2.jpg

feat_UX_05.jpg

feat_UX_06.jpg

feat_UX_07.jpg

feat_UX_08.jpg

feat_UX_09.jpg

^^this will prolly be a big reason y it is so graphic intensive
feat_UX_01.gif

feat_UX_02.jpg

feat_newMCE_music.jpg

feat_newMCE_tv.jpg

windows seems graphicly (spelling) comparable to sims 2 if not more

Last edited:

helmie

karjaneth said:
that depends on where you look...

I hope you arnt suggesting a P2P version, becuase if you are silly enough to DL it, then you wont be too suprised when your whole computer blows up :D

Geoff

VIP Member
helmie said:
I hope you arnt suggesting a P2P version, becuase if you are silly enough to DL it, then you wont be too suprised when your whole computer blows up :D
Thats the only way people on the forum can get it.

Geoff

VIP Member
helmie said:
Dont you have a real beta version?
I did previously, but what i meant was that most people here that show off their vista screens just get it via P2P.

Clutch

banned
shadyi said:
i just finished setting up windows vista beta 2 ... but i found that the performance sucks really
is my PC too slow for it .. or what ?
may be it's my AGP..?
somebody suggest anything
what do i need to upgrade to keep up with vista ?
Asks the person with a 9200.

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
maroon1 said:
if u want to enable Aero Glass in windows vista u must have atleast geforce FX or radeon 9500
that's what i was looking for,,,, <Aero Glass>
and i dont get this view of 3d windows behind each other... so i'm gonna have to get a new video card
and i gotta say the performance sucks
is it all because of my AGP or it has something to do with the other hardware ?

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
shadyi said:
is it all because of my AGP or it has something to do with the other hardware ?
Well, he said that it requires at least a Radeon 9500 and according to your sig, you have a 9200, so yes, sorry to say it is because of your card.

duane534

JustCallMeBob said:
Where did you get that image duane? No wonder cause thats not windows vista, thats a Linux system running KDE. Konqueror is KDEs version of windows explorer.

I pulled the image off the 'net, and I know it's the KDE. (FYI: You don't have to run Linux to run the KDE. Anything *NIX or OS/X can run it now, and v4 will run natively on Windows, too.) My point was you can get good 3d graphics without the PC power Vista needs. The computer I'm on right now is a 666 MHZ Celeron, and I can use transparency and 3d stuff. It runs slow, but it works. On my laptop with the 2.8 GHZ Celeron, it runs no sweat, completely ignoring my G4 iBook which is even slower but handles all the transparency and genie effects and all that stuff like nothing. Neither computer even has a dedicated card for such things. Well, I dunno about the Mac. I just let it work. I just find the idea of having to have a graphics card with 256 MB of VRAM to render the OS to be RIDICULOUS! When did 3 GHZ, a GB of RAM, and a video card become required hardware to do web browsing?

Dr Studly

banned
[-0MEGA-] said:
I did previously, but what i meant was that most people here that show off their vista screens just get it via P2P.
i hope ur not reffering to me cus i don't have vista...u should have figured that out judging by the PC in my signature:rolleyes: ;)

those pics i posted were from the windows vista main website...

i do however have the windows vista aero visual style on my pc and ir rocks!!!!:D

duane534 said:
I just find the idea of having to have a graphics card with 256 MB of VRAM to render the OS to be RIDICULOUS! When did 3 GHZ, a GB of RAM, and a video card become required hardware to do web browsing?
mebbe that is why they are delying the release of vista:rolleyes:
so that those hardware configurations become standard... perhaps in even a year the hardware configuration you just mentioned will be very small;)

Last edited:

duane534

Encore4More said:
i hope ur not reffering to me cus i don't have vista...u should have figured that out judging by the PC in my signature:rolleyes: ;)

those pics i posted were from the windows vista main website...

i do however have the windows vista aero visual style on my pc and ir rocks!!!!:D

mebbe that is why they are delying the release of vista:rolleyes:
so that those hardware configurations become standard... perhaps in even a year the hardware configuration you just mentioned will be very small;)

LOL... But, Vista was originally supposed to come out in '03... with EFI, WinFS, and... Oh.