Vista graphics !!

Geoff

VIP Member
duane534 said:
LOL... But, Vista was originally supposed to come out in '03... with EFI, WinFS, and... Oh.
very true... but alot of those things arent going to be released with the first version.

ceewi1

VIP Member
OvenMaster said:
I've read stories about Vista's video requirements, and "they" say that you'll need a minimum of 128MB on a separate graphics card, and signed drivers, in order to run it properly.
Only for the 'Best' graphics experience. Here's an (incredibly vague) list of the official requirements from Microsoft.

diroga

ceewi1 said:
Only for the 'Best' graphics experience. Here's an (incredibly vague) list of the official requirements from Microsoft.

i guess by january 2007 basic user computers from dell and gateway will have those specs, but what about users with older computers? will they have to turn off every graphics feature of vista?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Hey guys (and girl ;)), sorry to burst your bubble but it will probably be longer than January 2k7. A friend that has a lot of inside OS information just found out late this last week that MS has scrapped 60% of the Vista OS. They are restarting those sections from scratch with an undetermined release date. I'll try to find out some more information from him soon...

i.Angel

shadyi said:
i think by this date this kind of hardware is gonna be cheap and there wont be any problems

I wouldn't count on that.

Could someone explain the purpose behind looking at your opened windows at a different angle? Shouldn't you know what you have opened?

Dr Studly

banned
i.Angel said:
I wouldn't count on that.

Could someone explain the purpose behind looking at your opened windows at a different angle? Shouldn't you know what you have opened?
i think mosty they are trying to move into the idea of a 3D desktop... my theory is that in 10-20 years from now we are gona have surround display (kinda like surround sound) and the desktop will be like a 3D world behind you, in front of you, side of you, above you, below you, and that instead of a flat survace desktop where it looks like a picture instead will be almost like a 3D world where you like fly through

matrix type idea?

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
Encore4More said:
matrix type idea?

very interesting ... this is not very far by any means .. but i was thinkin about monitors like these ones in "PAYCHECK" movie if anyone can remeber ....
i guess this is the next step

duane534

dciscouts said:
Hey guys (and girl ;)), sorry to burst your bubble but it will probably be longer than January 2k7. A friend that has a lot of inside OS information just found out late this last week that MS has scrapped 60% of the Vista OS. They are restarting those sections from scratch with an undetermined release date. I'll try to find out some more information from him soon...

Base it on *NIX code like everyone else. LOL

That's what Windows started with, anyway.

speedyink

VIP Member
more ram would be better too. Heres some personal Vista screens:D

Windows-tab thing
vista1.jpg

minimizing...
vista2.jpg

alt-tab
vista3.jpg

And I ran out of ideas of things to screenshot of, lol

Beyond

One thing I find interesting is how companies are using the "upcoming" launch of Windows Vista to sell their products.

Take for example Best Buy. On some of their products you'll find this badge, and perhaps at other companies as well:

The following is how Best Buy describes this program:

There's an exciting new Vista on the horizon — the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. But while Windows Vista is still in the future, Best Buy has partnered with Microsoft and brand-name vendors to bring you a selection of Windows Vista Capable PCs today, so you can purchase a new computer with full confidence that it will be ready for Vista when you are.

One thing that consumers may not realize is that the systems they buy might be compatible with Vista, but may not be good enough to get all the bells and whistles that go along with it.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Beyond said:
One thing that consumers may not realize is that the systems they buy might be compatible with Vista, but may not be good enough to get all the bells and whistles that go along with it.
Yeah really. A lot of people see that oh great! It'll be able to run Vista. But like a play on English, most people don't understand that yes of course it can run Vista. But it will probably not run it well. All the AERO, 3D, Glass, Transparencies... etc..

I have about a 4 year old Celeron PC and yes, it ran VISTA, but didn't run it well.

4W4K3

VIP Member
My laptop has a "Windows Vista Capable" sticker on it. Although the 128MB integrated 200M card would probly be straining.

myinnet

i have installed vista before, But i cost lots of diskspace, it need NTFS and at least 6GB space to install.
After 1 or 2 days, i changed to xp pro. :)

UltimateX

Beyond said:
One thing I find interesting is how companies are using the "upcoming" launch of Windows Vista to sell their products.

Take for example Best Buy. On some of their products you'll find this badge, and perhaps at other companies as well:

The following is how Best Buy describes this program:

and how many people do you know that buy legal copies of windows (excluding system restore discs)

not to mention you might just end up buying a new computer by the time it comes out

Arm_Pit3

Right off the microsoft website.

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:

* A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
* 512 MB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

* 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
* 1 GB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero2.
* 128 MB of graphics memory.
* 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
* DVD-ROM Drive3.
* Audio output capability.
* Internet access capability.

I wouold purposly recomend a gig and a half of ram at elast :p

Does Anyone know how much vistas suppost to cost when it comes out?

I just bought a new pc from best buy and mine has that exact sticker on it:
~ill need a new video card because i have a nvidia geforce 6100 integrated which is 256mbbut it takes up my memory.$150
~pc only came with a 300 watt psu so probably another power supply(for videocard)$50
~probably another gig of memory.$125

so i dont see myself upgrading tto vista anytime soon

4W4K3

VIP Member
Most integrated cards let you select how much memory to share. Mine can do 32MB, 64MB, or 128MB. So if you need mroe system memory switch it lower, that should save you some memory if you're not using it with your graphics card.