Votes: 26 59.1%
  • XP

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Vista.

If your machine can't run it then don't complain about it being slow.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Vista...

I have not tried Windows 7 so I can't say much about it. I really like Vista...I think it's the best operating system Microsoft has produced yet. I had far more problems running XP then I ever have with Vista. I have been running Vista on 2 computers since it was released and never had any major issues. The only issues were my fault getting into stuff that should have been left alone:D

Vizy

A lot of people bug about the problems with Vista, but i've never had any that didn't require a simple fix (ie an updated driver). My soundcard gave me problems (but then it did give me the same ones on XP) so you know...go with vista

sshaggy

I liked Vista ovr XP, and now I have switched to Win 7. It has got all the best features of vista with a good improvement, and is deprived of the cons of vista, which made it annoying sometimes.

Vista.

If your machine can't run it then don't complain about it being slow.

+1 for that. People complain about vista. Actually, they dont know how to handle vista.

Last edited:

/\E

Vista at home... XP at work. I don't think I'd put Vista in the corporate environment yet.

We have new workstations coming in, and those are getting Linux(probably Ubuntu). They won't get to taste Windows...

Twist86

Vista x64 Ultimate.

But I will upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out and the reviews are in. I get free OS from a buddy of mine...his father runs a PC store and gets the OEM installs at a cheap price.

hondro

i like xp better, vista looks cooler, but i mean if u really have a problem with the way xp looks u could always download a cool looking theme, to me vista just seems like its trying to take more and more control out of my hands, like windows just wants to decide everything for me and make it hard for me to change it on my own or customize it at all, i mean i dont even think you can change your boot screen in vista, like what is that!? i pay for an os i should be able to have control over what i want on it and what is it with user account control? i ran the damned program dont try and make it a big deal and ask me for permission for it to run. i mean i know u can turn it off, but like thats just the type of stuff vista has that bothers me. its like microsoft's focus is trying to make it easier for a novice to use a computer by saying "aww no, u dont wanna know about this or that, just let me handle this" instead of trying to educate people about computers like linux does. anyways i prefer xp over vista, a big part of it is probally because ive had way more experience in xp and know a lot of the little nuances of it, whereas i just started using vista like a week ago when i got my laptop with it preinstalled on it.

Machin3

XP for its speed, simpleness of menu's and its a hell of a lot less annoying.

Same, I still run XP and I prefer it over Vista simply, as you stated, its less annoying to work with. I wish they made free download-able updates where you can have a vista look to it though. I know there's one from WindowsBlinds but you have to pay for that.:(

hondro

Same, I still run XP and I prefer it over Vista simply, as you stated, its less annoying to work with. I wish they made free download-able updates where you can have a vista look to it though. I know there's one from WindowsBlinds but you have to pay for that.:(

no dude u can get one for free, u just have to patch the uxtheme.dll file so u can use unsigned themes and then u can download a theme from here.....

instructions on how to patch uxthem.dll manually- http://www.belchfire.net/index.php?showtopic=9001

xp themes - http://www.belchfire.net/xp-themes.html