Vista theme for everybody!

codeman0013

yea it says on the website where you download the dll what to do and i followed the instructions becuase when i clicked on it it didnt do anything at all....

Kornowski

VIP Member
The web-site instructions are weird, You don't need to copy it anywhere, well, you may with that one...

Anyway, I removed that one and I've put a link to another one that I used a while back that will work, you don't need to put it anywhere either, it's really easy to use!

It Will work :D

TFT

VIP Member
Thanks for the links Kornowski, had a little trouble with the patcher but eventually got it to work from a different site:) I did extract it to Windows/Resources/Themes just to keep things tidy, I'm a bit sad that way.:p

Quite pleased with the look, might take it a bit further now.

nffc10

Kornowski. I've tried it like i told you in PM, but i liked the previous version that you gave me, thanx anyway m8.:)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I've gone back to the original setup. There are a couple flaws in the style and some colors don't work well for me. Seeing as the windows are still the original lighter color, I'd like to see the taskbar match that(rather than being black)

Still, a neat find. I've been waiting for such a style. I don't like ones where you must use additional software. I might look around for some other style ;)

Kornowski

VIP Member
nffc10, That's cool, Your welcome! :)

The windows are a lighter colour when not maxamized, when they are maxamized they are black, like Vista.

You'd like to see a white taskbar?
Thanks, Yeah sure :)

JoeTom93

my start up menu is really weird. My documents and everything on the right of the start menu is taken over by everything on the left. (not completely) How can I fix this

pretty sweet looking i suppose
untitled1.gif

Schonza

It's alright, although the thing that kind of makes it bad is the start menu, how half is black half is white, they should have one half black, and the other half like a darker colour, but not as dark as the black, to make it correspond. Also I reckon the windows clash with the darkness of the theme, if you're going to make a darkish theme you gotta co-ordinate to get it to look better.

But good work on finding it.

Look at the theme I'm using it tends to work a bit better.

desktop2.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q157/schoning16/desktop2.jpg

MatrixEVO

I used this theme and also changed my icons and I have the drive status icons like Vista has.I also have the cursors for Vista, and when its busy the little circle spins around. I had to install some other things for all this, but no extra software has to be run for it to work.

untitled1lu1.jpg

ADE

banned
This thing doesn't work...what file is there to even look in? Its just a rar. and according to the web site you MUST copy into file. Help?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Here's a tip for you MatrixEVO, You see the way you have the bar along the left of the documents window, you can remove it to make it look like Vista...
Click Tools, then go to folder options and then on the general tab click use windows classic folders... It'll look like this:

untitledlg1.jpg

You'll have to get toolbar styler if you want the Vista toolbar ;)

Also, Try both of the links I posted to the different versions, it'll get rid of the half icons you have in the start bar.

ADE, It does work.
You install the patch that is linked to in the first post, download the theme from the first post...

Yeah, You need to open the .rar file, Use WinRAR or something similair.

You Don't need to copy the file anywhere, did you not read the instruction I put on the first post???

You just open the file and double click on the .mmstyle file, it's green and yellow. :)

ADE

banned
ADE, It does work.
You install the patch that is linked to in the first post, download the theme from the first post...

Yeah, You need to open the .rar file, Use WinRAR or something similair.

You Don't need to copy the file anywhere, did you not read the instruction I put on the first post???

You just open the file and double click on the .mmstyle file, it's green and yellow. :)

I did all of that. I followed all directions.