Vista theme for everybody!

Kornowski

VIP Member
I do appreciate the instructions. I had tried a different program. It made everything black like Vista, but it didn't change the color of the font. As you can imagine, I was in the dark!

my.php

my.php

Ohh, That's bad. :cool:

Well, at least this one works for you :D

Try right clicking on the desktop and changing the background. You can choose a picture or lighter color. In the desktop tab you can go without a background and choose from a list of different colors. The advanced tab found in the appearance tab will allow you to change colors on the Start menu bar and borders of IE and WE winodws. Plus there's all kinds of backgrounds to set as the desktop background itself. http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3730/xpprosatadesktopvl7.jpg

That's only for the classic theme that you can change the colours, isn't it?

PC eye

banned
I primarily stick with the classic themes anyways. I never even bothered with the XP style over that. Vista no longer gives you some options like changing the 3D objects. You can change the theme, background, and have about 6 different color tones for the Start menu bar. That's another place Microsoft goofed there while making improvement on other things. :rolleyes:

PC eye

banned
I can choose the autohide option at any time there. But then I would miss the time, day of week, and date, and of course Start menu drop down while IE and W.Explorer windows are open. If you don't like one thing the way it looks you simply make a few changes in settings.

PC eye

banned
I've neen running the translucent look in order to get accustomed to finding my way in the dark when moving around a little at a time. The screen there shows a list of styles to choose from by default. The main reason for having a different "look" is for distinguishing which version you are running!

PC eye

banned
The problem at this end is the need for the Classic theme not so for the desktop but for the browsing of two hard drives with two explorer windows open at the same time. Even on Vista currently installed here the following screens will show a distinction where the Vista style has more of a tendency to overlap one window with the other until adjusted. With the Classic theme the window size is retained when set to restore in the folder options. For the Classic view,

For the new Vista look,

I guess I'm somewhat of a diehard and happy with the Classic look still even with Vista running here. :D

PC eye

banned
But then you would be missing one or two items that make browsing a drive much easier namely the quick links seen under folders and the "+" sign seen next to them for looking and choosing the sub folders inside those.

linksundergn0.jpg

PC eye

banned
do you have the bar on the side for any particular reason?

Always! It alows opening up other things while still being online or going through folders on one of the hard drives here. It's called "multitasking" :D even though I could use a dual core cpu instead of the current single core model now used. :(