Vista theme for everybody!

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by Kornowski, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

Ohh, That's bad. :cool:

Well, at least this one works for you :D

That's only for the classic theme that you can change the colours, isn't it?

2. PC eye

PC eye banned

I primarily stick with the classic themes anyways. I never even bothered with the XP style over that. Vista no longer gives you some options like changing the 3D objects. You can change the theme, background, and have about 6 different color tones for the Start menu bar. That's another place Microsoft goofed there while making improvement on other things. :rolleyes:

3. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

I can't stand the classic theme, It's too boring for my liking :cool:

4. PC eye

PC eye banned

Boring? :confused: You haven't seen my desktop lately.... "Run for it!" :p

[​IMG]

5. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

Lol, That's cool! I just don't like the whole 'grey' feel of it, it's not much to look at.

6. PC eye

PC eye banned

Did you say grey? I told you I still can't get away from the Classic(vista) look! :eek: how did he do that? :confused: :p

[​IMG]

7. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

Lol, Ok then, Does it not annoy you having the taskbar on the left like that?

8. PC eye

PC eye banned

I can choose the autohide option at any time there. But then I would miss the time, day of week, and date, and of course Start menu drop down while IE and W.Explorer windows are open. If you don't like one thing the way it looks you simply make a few changes in settings.

[​IMG]

9. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

I've seen those options before, It's rather cool but some of them are a bit hard on the eyes.

10. PC eye

PC eye banned

I've neen running the translucent look in order to get accustomed to finding my way in the dark when moving around a little at a time. The screen there shows a list of styles to choose from by default. The main reason for having a different "look" is for distinguishing which version you are running!

11. macnoob

macnoob New Member

yeah thats my favorite part of windows besides the solitare. you can change the them quite a bit, but some just look really bad.

12. JuniorM60

JuniorM60 New Member

i havent searched thru the pages,but i assume this theme works on XP Pro.Am I right?

13. Shane

Shane Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes.

14. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

Yeah, The theme will work with any version of XP :)

15. PC eye

PC eye banned

The problem at this end is the need for the Classic theme not so for the desktop but for the browsing of two hard drives with two explorer windows open at the same time. Even on Vista currently installed here the following screens will show a distinction where the Vista style has more of a tendency to overlap one window with the other until adjusted. With the Classic theme the window size is retained when set to restore in the folder options. For the Classic view,

[​IMG]

For the new Vista look,

[​IMG]

I guess I'm somewhat of a diehard and happy with the Classic look still even with Vista running here. :D

[​IMG]

16. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

I'd be using the middle screens, with all the aero features :p

17. PC eye

PC eye banned

But then you would be missing one or two items that make browsing a drive much easier namely the quick links seen under folders and the "+" sign seen next to them for looking and choosing the sub folders inside those.

[​IMG]

18. macnoob

macnoob New Member

do you have the bar on the side for any particular reason?

19. PC eye

PC eye banned

Always! It alows opening up other things while still being online or going through folders on one of the hard drives here. It's called "multitasking" :D even though I could use a dual core cpu instead of the current single core model now used. :(

20. JlCollins005

JlCollins005 New Member

im thinkin about usin this but where could i find the vista icons that are free