Want to know if this is too much

I want to build my own computer, but before I will buy the pieces, I want your opinions.

Motherboard: ASUS
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.8 GHZ with HT and EMT64 technology
Memory: 4-32GB RAM
Hard drive: 4x 2-3.5TB
Cooler kit
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum PRO
Video: ATI 512 MB
Flat 24" ViewSonic LCD
Speakers: Altec Lansing XA3051
Power: 750W Power Supply

Money to invest: $30 000

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I would recommend getting somthing better... Those specs are way to low for gaming or anything else for that matter.. Honestly do you think you can get anything decent for $30 000? it just cannot be done :-(... Unless your just wanting to check your email and web surf.

tomprice43

lol, you could really get something great with that money, what 512mb card u planning on getting and why have u choose intel. If you do decide to build this then get ATI X900 when it comes out and an AMD FX-57.

Lax

VIP Member
You know that 512Mb Gfx card will be horrible for gaming. It's made for high speed rendering. If anything make some resonible specs and buy them instead.

Echo_

wait your 15 and you want a 30,000 dollar computer?!??!?!?!?

i say buy a 5k like you have and donate the rest or buy a car

Greg J.

VIP Member
PC Technology INC. said:
I want to build my own computer, but before I will buy the pieces, I want your opinions.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.8 GHZ with HT and EMT64 technology
Cooler kit
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum PRO
Flat 24" ViewSonic LCD
Speakers: Altec Lansing XA3051
Power: 750W Power Supply

Money to invest: $30 000

Uh, Alienware already brags about its watercooled 4Ghz Pentium 4's. Why don't you wait until Intel gets their DUAL core processors onto market. Then, you need a motherboard that can use dual processors (so a total of four cores). Because, if that is a server you are building, the processor will be the biggest bottleneck. Oh, and wait until Intel gets some nice 64-bit processors made, that way your entire computer architecture will be 64-bit and screamin'. In the future, consider 15,000 rpm server hard drives.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ASUS is a company, not a specific product

Yer crapping me right?

Yer crapping me right?

Cooler kit
Cooler kit is a description, not a product

ATI 512MB is a description, not a product

The licensing fees for this are gonna be insane

why??? is this a joke?
LOL I think so

If you do decide to build this then get ATI X900 when it comes out and an AMD FX-57.
Ya "when it comes out" .... well you might as well get the X100000000 and FX631 when they come out....

AMD Opteron 3.8-4GHZ
What friggen chips are these??

Here, how's this one

AMD Opteron 4GHZ
4x 1TB hard drive
256MB video
Cooling kit
Gold metal tower
ASUS Motherboard
Invest= $5000
And you, a 15 year old ... are gonna get this

What's 5k?
Yer crapping me right?

youve got too much money in your wallet!!!
I doubt it :p

Uh, Alienware already brags about its watercooled 4Ghz Pentium 4's
They are overclocked 3.8s and 3.6s not 4.0s.

Because, if that is a server you are building, the processor will be the biggest bottleneck
Well the RAM will be :p

that way your entire computer architecture will be 64-bit and screamin'.
Minus the PCI bus and the embedded ISA BUS....

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
All I Can Say!

HOLY SH**! These specs are a waste of money! Well I certainly do not agree with the GFX. That is not good for gaming. Now to the whole setup...if you feel like spending so much, why not spend less for a great PC and buy another one later.

JAN :D

Fiberop

Do you guys think a 15 year old actually has 30K burning a hole in his wallet?...and if he does I want to meet his daddy, because I'll be glad to trade mine in for his.

Geez, I want a kid like that. I'd have to work 4 jobs to keep him happy.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
look at his old system hes fakin
When he barely knows what hes talking about (sorry man, fellow Canadian and all but you really dont) and "wants" this fancy system .... lol i think ill keep this thread open for humor purposes

Greg J.

VIP Member
They are overclocked 3.8s and 3.6s not 4.0s.

Yes, I know, that's why watercooling is used.

Minus the PCI bus and the embedded ISA BUS....

Right, because a CORRECT motherboard has NOT been specified.......and ASUS is a company, you 15-year-old dreamer!

In the future, everything can be 64-bit. Get the right mobo first, PC Technology INC.!!

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
...i doubt u could even use 50% of that computers power with the stuff he wants to do on it. i mean seriously...probably play some online games and surf the web, LAN server maybe...thats kids stuff for a system like that. overpriced and underused...

dave597

VIP Member
exactly.

PC.T.INC what is the most powerful program that you use currently and how often do you run it? - and dont say windows...