warning to everyone buying a new pc

Dropkickmurphys

when buying a new pc try not to buy dell, they add loads of crap onto it, and compltely mess the machine up......

i have had my dimension 8400 8 months.....
the hard drive was the first thing to die and now the motherboard decided that it didnt want to work anymore....

the only reason dell have ever sold any pc's is becuase they sell them cheap....they build them crappy.

richpotton

i agree dells are of poor quality
i suggest building your own if you can because with dell you are inly getting what you pay for

Lax

VIP Member
Dell's make an affordable PC for people who need them just for what they are made for, word processing and email and the like, not the latest games. Dell's are fine if you don't play the NEWEST games, the parts are fine for the price that they sell them for.

Lord AnthraX said:
Dell's make an affordable PC for people who need them just for what they are made for, word processing and email and the like, not the latest games. Dell's are fine if you don't play the NEWEST games, the parts are fine for the price that they sell them for.

I can see someone one Dells Side lol

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
OMG i had it 6 months and the hard drive failed.....DONT buy Dell!!
Wake up call: Dell didnt make your harddrive.

i suggest building your own if you can because with dell you are inly getting what you pay for
Well when you build yer own, often you get what you pay for as well

I can see someone one Dells Side lol
Being open minded comes with age (age of course being a substitute word). If dell was so horribly bad then um ... they'd be out of business.

Trizoy

VIP Member
I was once a non believer in DELL. Recently (3 months ago) i did get a dimension 8400... I have built my computers in the past, done all that kinda stuff.... But this deal was excellent. I got the 8400 p4 3.2, 1gm ddr2, 80 sata hd, nvidia 6800 256mb. And to top it all off a 19" lcd Flat lcd monitor. I paid for all this with $850... What a deal! If you buy from dell, you need to know what you want, just like in LIFE!

Trizoy

VIP Member
wx6872 said:
Then which company has the cheap and quality laptop??????

I would use the world Inexpensive instead of cheap. Cheap conveys the idea of something not living up to its value, poorly built... for instence Kmart stuff...

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Dropkickmurphys said:
yeh but they did decide to put a crappy one in there
they decided to put one in that was cheap, so they could lower the price of the system itself, im sure only a handful fail after a few months.

Geoff

VIP Member
Actually, i have a dell laptop that is over 10 years old, and it still runs great (for a laptop of those specs lol) and my friend had a dell, and he loved it.

And the Dell XPS are good for gaming.

Dropkickmurphys

dell computers are mainly made for people that want to use it simply.....like email, internet etc. they cant cope with games.....i play call of duty, halo and generals....it struggles to make these games run properly.

older dell systems might be better beucause they might not have been putting all the crappy hardware and stuff in them that they do today.

Lax

VIP Member
Lord AnthraX said:
;)

ripken2004

i have an 8 year old dell and my neighbor has a 6 year old dell, both are currently used everyday and there have been no problems at all with them, run well when you max out the ram in it(384mb)

most computer companies now kinda suck i think, same with pretty much every type of company out there, these days people only care about mass producing and selling stuff, ten years ago people cared about the quality, everything is now cheap(include the pun)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

As I've always said, you get what you pay for folks. You buy the slightly more expensive Dell XPS and you have a gaming system, you buy a cheap dell you have a good little web surfer/email checker. You build a computer full of cheap somewhat outdated parts you have a good web surfer/email checker. You build a computer with somewhat more expensive more recent parts you have yourself a gaming system. Trash Dell all you want but as said Dell did not make your hard drive and even expensive ones of good quality fail in shorter periods. You really must know when purchasing a computer what you want and it does not hurt to know a bit about computers or else you just might buy somthing you dont like. If you think your going to spend $500. and have a great gaming rig then think again. You get what you pay for.