Was It A Mistake?

Geoff

VIP Member
My case isn't big enough for an 8800
Ok, then get a new case, PSU, and GPU. That would only cost around $500, vs $1500 to get a whole new system. Besides, why would you want two similar desktops when you can only be on one at a time?

Geoff

VIP Member
Id like a new system though...

That way nothing gets wasted.
Except then you have two similar computers (besides the GPU), when you will really only be using the high end system. And IMO using the PC you have now as a "server" would be even more of a waste, since you could part out your system and buy a cheaper one that doesnt have a high-end video card and such.

g4m3rof1337

I have another computer...
It will do just fine as a server.
I am going to make this current computer an XP computer, so that way, Ill still use it a lot.
Then make my new one a vista computer.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I have another computer...
It will do just fine as a server.
I am going to make this current computer an XP computer, so that way, Ill still use it a lot.
Then make my new one a vista computer.

What case do you have?

IMO, sell the laptop, take the money and get an 8800, a gig of ram, a new PSU and a new case. Then sell your old case, video card and PSU. Then add a tiny bit of money to that and make yourself a server. You seriously do not need a 7900GS for a server, complete waste of GPU power.

Geoff

VIP Member
What case do you have?

IMO, sell the laptop, take the money and get an 8800, a gig of ram, a new PSU and a new case. Then sell your old case, video card and PSU. Then add a tiny bit of money to that and make yourself a server. You seriously do not need a 7900GS for a server, complete waste of GPU power.

Hes saying that he already has another PC for a server, and the one in his sig will be used as a "Windows XP PC".

Which IMO is also a waste, since you can just dual-boot the new rig, then you can have a high-performance Vista and XP machine.

Geoff

VIP Member
At the minimum, you could get around $60 for the motherboard, $120 for the CPU, $90 for the GPU, and w/e else you have.