Water Cooling questions...

g4m3rof1337

cooling a future computer build

iam gonna build a comp soon...well.....when the quad cpu is out ill build it then so... i wanna know is watercooling with kits helpful or just fans

m0nk3ys1ms

Watercooling will help out, especially if your overclocking. Just remember one rule of thumb, good air cooling is better than cheap water cooling. I'd much rather have a $60 Zalman than a $100 watercooling kit.

Archangel

VIP Member
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/oilcooled-pc-117633.php

100-0001_IMG.JPG.jpg

why stop at water?.. :D

Geoff

VIP Member
The Core 2 Duos/Quads already run cool, so I would just go with a new heatsink/fan and maybe some new case fans.

g4m3rof1337

water cooling worth it?

what would i have to do to use water cooling?
over clock everything, alot?
and is it worth it? and whats like an average full set cost, with my specs in sig would i benefit from it?

Geoff

VIP Member
what would i have to do to use water cooling?
over clock everything, alot?
and is it worth it? and whats like an average full set cost, with my specs in sig would i benefit from it?

You dont need to overclock to use watercooling, but theres not a huge point to it if you dont overclock.

IMO it's not worth it, you can get high quality, quiet fans for much cheaper. Water cooling setups can cost anywhere from $50 - $300, (they do have more expensive ones as well). It depends on what you want to cool, how well you want it to perform, and the options it has.

g4m3rof1337

ok.
i plan on getting the full potential out of all the components i can over clock.
i want to get all that i can get, and have it run stable.

i suppose i can use air cooling for that, correct?

thanks

Mankz_91

for a Core 2 Duo e6300, get a Sunbeam Tuniq Tower, or a Scythe Infinity, and some good case fans.

If you still want to go to water-cooling, read-around, and look at places and the guides here

I learnt about Water-cooling by reading, asking, thinking and basically using my head. If you have any more proper questions, drop me a pm or an e-mail ([email protected])

The_Beast

No, it isn't worth it for you, buy a good case and good fans and you wont have a problem with overheating when you overclock.

but if you really want water cooling i can help, PM me. i love helping people with water cooling setups

g4m3rof1337

water cooling worth it?

Ive been considering on watercooling.
but, my case doesnt have that, edge. to it.

Let me upload some pictures of the case.

Edit.
Pictures.

Pictureset51-2001.jpg

----
Picturesetonly12022.jpg

----
Picturesetonly12028.jpg

Last edited:

g4m3rof1337

Well.
Not all cause it would look cool.
but, more for itll cool my system down better, with overclocking and all.

ghost

Yeah I think its worth it if you wish to OC with lower temps.
I have a Alpha watercooling Kit.
Got my AMD 4600+ to 2.8ghz stable :)
I hit 2.9 but started crashing etc... Anyways Your case looks big enough to install a watercooling kit. If ya don`t think you will have enough room you can buy kits with external pumps/radiators/reservoirs.