Water Cooling questions...

thealmightyone

Basically, water-cooling lets you push the voltage further. Thats the only real benefit to an overclocker.

But, a water-cooling kit won't perform any better than a top-of-the-line air cooler - it'd be cheaper to get a air cooler. You'd have to custom build it for any major benefit, which is expensive.

g4m3rof1337

Is there anyway i can assure myself that nothing could leak? with the possibility of happening, but knowing it wont.

Do they make mobo's made for water cooling?

Is a kit that covers everything, good?

average prices? low to high please

thanks

Mankz_91

for a begginer, id look for something that uses compression fittings, as they are easier to fir, and usually don't leak...

you could also look at a basic danger den kit or something.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Next time just continue one of your previous threads instead of starting a new one, as they are all about water cooling. As for kits, never get those cheap ones, as you're alot better off with good air cooling. The kid should come with a pump, the pipes, a radiator (or a couple), maybe a reservoir and a cpu block, maybe GPU block. And no, to my knowledge there are no motherboards designed for water cooling.

heyman421

banned
i've taken a garden hose to my computer before

you'd be suprised at how little water effects PCB based electronics

and the coolant used is typically alcohol, which is even less conductive than water

if you're really that worried, tho, build your computer, and then get a proffessional to install your cooling system, i'm sure it wouldn't cost very much, probably 30 minutes worth of labor.

Last edited:

Impr3ssiv3

Next time just continue one of your previous threads instead of starting a new one, as they are all about water cooling. As for kits, never get those cheap ones, as you're alot better off with good air cooling. The kid should come with a pump, the pipes, a radiator (or a couple), maybe a reservoir and a cpu block, maybe GPU block. And no, to my knowledge there are no motherboards designed for water cooling.

dont think there were motherboards

but didnt the 8800GTX come with a fabbed waterblock for water cooling units. i remember seeing some pictures of it with the block and the nozzles sticking up back when the first pictures were released. Did they ditch that idea to have the prefabbed blocks

heyman421

banned
the only 8800gtx i've seen with water cooling is the $799 version on newegg, unless someone makes an aftermarket block for it......

g4m3rof1337

to cool pretty much a cpu.
how much kit wise and getting parts piece by piece.

Dont wanna cool my graphic card, dont think i need to cool anything else.

Please, dont question why iam not cooling the card.

heyman421

banned
cooling kits start at under $100 for something just to cool the cpu.

it'll be front-mounted, tho, so i hope you like looking at fans

the only other options for an already constructed system are external mounted units, or if you have an extra psu mount, you can mount it there.

ceewi1

VIP Member
I've merged those threads, best to keep everything in one place. g4m3rof1337, please use this thread to discuss your watercooling plans.