Well, guess what happened this morning?

The VCR King

Okay, still haven't had time to rebuild the rig, probably not until summer vacation, but here is the list of what I've tried already:
Replace power supply (most recent)
Replace CPU cooler
Replace RAM
Have entire PC rebuilt at MicroCenter (when I first acquired the rig)

I mean here's my point, the PC had this issue before I acquired it and when MicroCenter rebuilt it they never did find anything wrong visually, so that would suggest that I have all 9 standoffs then right? So something is f**ked up inside my hardware then right? What should I look into next? MOBO? GPU? WTF?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
But it hasn't happened as much since you replaced the psu correct? Have you check the motherboard for bulging or leaking capacitors? Bios updated?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah don't spend too much though, it's an outdated platform and you might want to consider saving up for a whole new PC soon.

Spirit is right, don't even bother getting a motherboard. Start saving for a new build. This is what we keep telling you. Get your priorities straight, use that head of yours and think about stuff thoroughly. Am3+ is how many years old and a dead platform.

The VCR King

Spirit is right, don't even bother getting a motherboard. Start saving for a new build. This is what we keep telling you. Get your priorities straight, use that head of yours and think about stuff thoroughly. Am3+ is how many years old and a dead platform.
I had a garage sale and I made and saved $100 on what I sold so I'm putting it into savings and I'm building a new rig. As of now this project is official.

The VCR King

Okay the blackout happened again this morning and going into Event Viewer I've noticed something interesting...
The Event 41 always happens at 7:41 AM

The VCR King

So what happens before that? Sounds like something is crashing.
Nothing really happens. I lose sound, display, and USB power all at once but my case fans stay running. Once I manage to get it booted back up and into Event Viewer it just shows EVENT 41 at 7:41AM

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If it happens at 7:41 on the mornings it crashes then something is up. Whether its an option in the bios such as wake on feature or a slight power irregularity from your electricity provider.

The VCR King

Capture.PNG Here is what it looks like on event viewer. I thought it was 7:41 but I was wrong. But look how closely these are timed together.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you known for power surges or lights flickering around that time? Try setting bios back to defaults and see if that helps. Just make sure you have the correct setting for the sata controller so you change it back.

The VCR King

Are you known for power surges or lights flickering around that time? Try setting bios back to defaults and see if that helps. Just make sure you have the correct setting for the sata controller so you change it back.
No lights flickering or power surges around that time, or any time really... Also all BIOS settings are whatever default is because when I installed my new PSU I replaced the CMOS battery and it said my CMOS was clear upon reboot.

Intel_man

VIP Member
When your computer fails, does it go into a BSOD or just straight up black screen/ freeze?

Or if you really just want to get on with it, you can join the dark side and grab an Intel. ;)