Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Let's see.

1. Plug in HDD to adapter
2. Plug adapter into computer
3.???
4. Get data off drive and profit.

jones-t

I'll gladly buy the product. Once I get the computer working. What does that mean? When I push the power button the computer (and all of its parts) come alive. What does THAT mean? The password prompt comes up. I'm able to type in my password; the Toshiba and windows xp op system logos appear
- then the blue screen of death strikes. Reverting it back to the beginning in an
endless "boot looping" fashion. Once I get to that stage - everything works. Then I'll blow the money on that device
on the faint hope it somehow magically enables me to transfer my file. I doubt that will be what actually happens; but you guys could have guessed my inbred cynicism by now.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Sounds like there is an issue with the installation of XP and it's corrupt or missing some essential system files.

You COULD try to do a repair install with an XP CD, but those never worked 100% but if you're determined you can try it.

aldan

holy shit! followed this thread and its been entertaining to say the least.for someone who says they are computer literate,just never finished their degree,you sure dont know js.these people try to give you sound advice and you crap all over them.my advice?waste both your time and money on this pos.go hard,its nothing to anyone here.just quit your incessant whining and get on with it.otherwise you are just seeking validation for your actions and you sure as hell wont get it here.

jones-t

@aldan let me get this straight. YOU took the time to thoroughly (im assuming) read a three page thread message by message and your impression is that I'm wasting my time? interesting.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
@aldan let me get this straight. YOU took the time to thoroughly (im assuming) read a three page thread message by message and your impression is that I'm wasting my time? interesting.
That was my impression from your first post all the way to now.

jones-t

@voyagerfan99 and for going on three pages now; you still find me appealing enough to keep debating your "point" as if.......... well I'll just leave it at that. But if it interests you (and anyone else)
I did a google search of the product; went on the company website; emailed
its tech ssupport staff basically explaining my situation; and would their modestly priced product work? (yes I actually said it)

voyagerfan99

Staff member
@voyagerfan99 But if it interests you (and anyone else)
I did a google search of the product; went on the company website; emailed
its tech ssupport staff basically explaining my situation; and would their modestly priced product work? (yes I actually said it)
..... Yes it will work. I don't know why you think it won't. I've used it hundreds of times in my years of computer repair and support.

jones-t

@voyagerfan99 something compells me to say "care to lay money on that?" But I don't want to embarrass your "professional" aura by challenging your so-called experience.

That and im pretty sure you'll say no just based off of not wanting to give any of your hard earned money to a total stranger.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
@voyagerfan99 something compells me to say "care to lay money on that?" But I don't want to embarrass your "professional" aura by challenging your so-called experience.

That and im pretty sure you'll say no just based off of not wanting to give any of your hard earned money to a total stranger.
I'd lay a years salary on it, so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.