• Sony (vaio)

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Lenevo

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Gateway

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

JLV2k5

Hello. I am getting a new laptop soon and would like to know everyone's option on a good laptop brand. I have included 8 popular brands within the poll. Feel free to select more than one type if you think they are good.

Thanks a lot. :)

brian

VIP Member
lenovo is the best if you want it to last and you buy a higher end one (~$1,500). they are very strong and reliable.

But i have a HP and it works great. I would have chosen gateway, i have one that is 4 years old and it runs like it is one day old. However it seems the newer gateways are not as good.

Geoff

VIP Member
I've had an Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Gateway, HP, Compaq, and Dell laptops and I've never had major issues with them personally. I usually go for the computer that has the best price/performance, brand doesn't mean much to me.

Ethan3.14159

I'm going to have to recommend Asus. Probably the best laptop brand in terms of quality of hardware and performance. HP is probably the best on that list though.

Calibretto

VIP Member
I have an HP and it's not bad, but they use horrible quality hardware like most PC manufacturers. I've heard good things from Lenovo, and Asus makes some great netbooks.

dznutz

oftentimes a brand will be made by many manufacturers (unless the manufacturer makes its own laptops - asus). the more expensive high end line of a brand tends to be more well made than a cheapo model.

Vizy

I voted everything but gateway. The reason is because i have never had any experience with gateway.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Dell and Lenovo make really good laptops.

I also think Asus needs to be on the list. They make really high quality products.

ikermalli

I like the look of vaio machines but lenovo makes the most sturdy machines by far. My dad has had a lenovo for... about ever! Since they got fingerprint scanning on them basically.