What are you currently playing?

Krieger

I searched around and didn't find anything... this is a thread that every gaming forum should have :D

It's simple... what are you playing at the moment?

For me, it's TF2 and FSX with a little bit of sourceforts from time to time. Those of you that have HL2 need to download sourceforts... great mod.

I’ve mostly been playing FSX since I got my new Thrustmaster flight stick. Its a PC classic. Been having issues making addons work for it though. Could be the site I’m getting the addon from thats giving me the issue. I also still play the original Battlefield games from before EA ruined it.

Waspman3372

Just sold my computer so nothing at the moment. Look up Redux gaming. Love there rigs. Only $75 to build. Can't beat that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-213044_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-213044_Samsung Internet.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 2

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Recently played Life Is Strange True Colors. Good game, will definitely go back for a Plat trophy at some point. Also Platunum'd Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart.

Marquette was a good play through. Similar to Portal in a weird way.

Got my heart ripped out again with Life Is Strange Remastered, only this time in 4K. Starting Life Is Strange Before the Storm once the update downloads.

Casually playing through Horizon again before Forbidden West drops in 6 days.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Also looking at Kena, but not sure I can justify it with Forbidden West, GT7, and Forspoken dropping in the next few months.

Tempted to buy FF7 Remake Intergrade just so I don't need the disc to play :rolleyes:. For some reason I never Platunum'd Remake or Intermission on PS4 and it's just a hassle to deal with the PS5 upgraded version using the disc.

Hellmut1956

I have a very powerful system. An ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme with an i7 11700k CPU, an 2TB SSD M.2 drive and an MSI 3080 graphic card. I use x11 and not x12, that slows the system. Otherwise I have extensively set everything to ULTRA and I get about 50fps.

Okedokey

I have a very powerful system. An ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme with an i7 11700k CPU, an 2TB SSD M.2 drive and an MSI 3080 graphic card. I use x11 and not x12, that slows the system. Otherwise I have extensively set everything to ULTRA and I get about 50fps.
Nice man. Do you have multi monitor or something. Storage is massive in that game, helps push the data through to your epic rig. Put your rig in your sig, helps with others helping? :)

Hellmut1956

I have 4 monitors, 2x 28" und 2x 24". I plan to buy a curved 32" monitor, 3840x2160 resolution, 1ms reaction time and 60Hz. As my cpu i7 core 11700k has an additional capability to connect a monitor and drive it, the 32" monitor will be connected to the MSI RTX3080 graphics card. Right now one of the 24" monitors in connected to the motherboatd and driven by the graphics capabilities of the CPU.

Right now one of the 28" monitors with a resolution of 3840x3260, 1ms, gets to a fps of lightly below 60Hz and the "Task Maneger" of W11 proved that the limitation is not coming from the CPU but from the GPUs of the graphics card. I use Fraps to indicate the fps in MSFS2020. As of today there are no monitors on the market with 32", 1ms and 60hz, but 144fps and those are twice as expensive. I hope when next generation 2023 monitors are offered I will be able to find the monitor I am looking for.

In MSFS2020 playing, one 28" monitor is the fisplay for MSFS2020, one 28" monitor displays "Little Navmap" that is linked with MSFS2020 and displays a map showing the actual position of the plane from the MSFS2020. One 24" display shows Youtube and plays music and one 24" monitor displays the task manager so I am informed about how much my PC power is required.

Hellmut1956

Yea, what I always get to see. The monitors are not showing the 1ms reaction time and are not sp One of thre monitors that has it costs specifically for gaming. The one that does costs nearly 890 Euros. That is what I always see, All those less expensive 32" monitos do either not have the resolution that I want or a longer reaction time. Correct me if I am wrong. I am hungsily waiting for ma 32" monitor!

Darren

Staff member
You'll probably have a hard time finding that specific setup. Doesn't make much sense to have that high of specs but then only 60Hz. Most people in the market for higher end gear want 120Hz+.

Okedokey

You'll probably have a hard time finding that specific setup. Doesn't make much sense to have that high of specs but then only 60Hz. Most people in the market for higher end gear want 120Hz+.
Input latency is reduced with higher FPS irrespective of the monitor refresh rate. Gameplay is definitely improved from above 60 fps even with a 60Hz panel.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I Bought Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order during the winter sale for cheap. Finished it about two weeks ago. It was a really good game and I'm glad I got it.

Bought Hogwarts Legacy last night and started playing that as well.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Played Forspoken for two weeks and enjoyed it. I see a lot of FFin the game play and dare I say this is the game FF15 should have been.

Been playing Hogwarts Legacy this past week, very good game. I love the magic and storyline. I'll go back to Forspoken once I beat it

Also, the WoW bug hit me hard again since Wotlk Classic dropped.