What are you currently playing?

Perkomate

for ultimate 2-player Xbox, I can't recommend Army of 2 highly enough. I played it through with a mate, and it's honestly one of the most fun split screen games I've played.

jonnyp11

for ultimate 2-player Xbox, I can't recommend Army of 2 highly enough. I played it through with a mate, and it's honestly one of the most fun split screen games I've played.

me and a friend did a little but i just hate split screening and it was on a 22" i believe so you can see how much worse it gets trying to do that.

Ended up deleting RAGE for now, down'd a few NFS's and the trine 2 demo, might get it while on sale, probs gonna grab a pack deal on amazon when the steam sale is over since most of the games i want are cheaper with an amazon deal.

Darren

Staff member
me and a friend did a little but i just hate split screening and it was on a 22" i believe so you can see how much worse it gets trying to do that.

I used to play Battlefront 2 on the PS2 splitscreen on a 12 inch tube TV. Horrible resolution.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Oh beautiful, I might get it, I imagine it'd be at most $23 at EB games by now... only thing that scares me about it is the ZP review :p

Oh and I'm alright with horrible resolution, co-op for me is a bit more for shits and giggles anyway. Single-player is serious business.

Perkomate

Oh beautiful, I might get it, I imagine it'd be at most $23 at EB games by now... only thing that scares me about it is the ZP review :p

Oh and I'm alright with horrible resolution, co-op for me is a bit more for shits and giggles anyway. Single-player is serious business.

i'd say even cheaper than that. The reviews are likely bad, but damn it's fun to play with. I've been told it's like Gears of War, except made for split-screen. And split-screen is where all the fun happens.

SuperDuperMe

Its one of the better console exclusives. Army of 2,2 was better than the first imo and i wasted many hours on it :p

EDIT: Well since my pc blew the **** up im going to install arma armed assault on my gf's laptop :( Very sad day for me indeed :p

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wont be playing anything for a few days,My room is empty from Decorating...and ive got to fit my new desk or should i say "Work Surface" :p

When i can use my main system though,I fancy installing StarCraft 2,Bored of FPS now. :cool:

mrjack

VIP Member
I started playing Borderlands again and I just bought the Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLCs. I'm really enjoying the game. This time I'm using injectSMAA for antialiasing instead of MLAA and boy is it an improvement. No longer do I have to suffer through jagged edges nor blurred textures.

claptonman

I started playing Borderlands again and I just bought the Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLCs. I'm really enjoying the game. This time I'm using injectSMAA for antialiasing instead of MLAA and boy is it an improvement. No longer do I have to suffer through jagged edges nor blurred textures.

Me too, as I just got Claptrap Revolutions, which I've never played.

How do you change the AA like that?

Darren

Staff member

How did you get that to work, exactly? I've copied the DirectX10/11 files to the same folder as executable and hit pause in game and nothing happens.

mrjack

VIP Member
Just download the latest version of injectSMAA and extract the files that are in the DX9 folder to .../Borderlands/binaries/ (Borderlands.exe should be there). injectSMAA will be enabled by default when you start the game, but it can be turned off by pressing the Pause button on your keyboard.

Quick search on Google revealed that Borderlands can be made to use a DX10 renderer by modifying the WillowEngine.ini file. Instructions here. By default Borderlands will use DX9.

EDIT: Even when I set AllowD3D10 to true I could only get SMAA to work when I used the DX9 version of it.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

So which is the better mod? just bought it and about to DL it, GOTY FTW, now just gotta go to walmart and get some paypal cards or something so i can preorder 2 for 6 off and get the free upgrade i think you get anyways for preordering but still

anyone wanna start a co-op game?

Darren

Staff member
Just download the latest version of injectSMAA and extract the files that are in the DX9 folder to .../Borderlands/binaries/ (Borderlands.exe should be there). injectSMAA will be enabled by default when you start the game, but it can be turned off by pressing the Pause button on your keyboard.

Quick search on Google revealed that Borderlands can be made to use a DX10 renderer by modifying the WillowEngine.ini file. Instructions here. By default Borderlands will use DX9.

EDIT: Even when I set AllowD3D10 to true I could only get SMAA to work when I used the DX9 version of it.

Thanks. I had DX10 which was my problem.

Jonny I added you on Steam for some Coop.