What are you currently playing?

Darren

Staff member
LoL is hard to get at first, but once you do and start building up, it is so much fun.

Who have you played and what roles so far?

Uhm not sure. My friend was just directing me to do stuff. Odd since he's never a PC gamer while I am and I was totally clueless at what to do. I played as Maokai with Heal and Slow(not sure what it was called exactly, something to slow everyone down, maybe Daze).

I was sent to the bottom lane but was very confused and getting owned. played against bots and won that map. Probably play some more later when I get a chance.

zombine210

Are you talking from a single player or multiplayer view? Personally I never play multilplayer, but MOH has always had a good campaign.

i only played about the first fifteen minutes of the single player campaign just to learn the controls then went straight into multiplayer.

i really feel like i got jipped by EA/Origin. i bought the digital deluxe edition for $5 more than the regular edition. what did i get? two soldier unlocks.

which doesn't seem like a bad thing until you realize, that they are all the same soldier and they all use the same guns. also, you unlock half of them in the first couple of hours, so there is no real sense of accomplishment.

and you can't even change your cammo; which sucks because there are only two types of maps: jungle and desert; and two types of cammo: jungle and desert.
so if you're playing a jungle map, and your team is wearing the desert cammo, guess what? you're screwed.

also, every other game there is a cheater with wallhacks and auto aim. and you can't vote kick them... and there are no admins.

so yeah... pretty horrible stuff there.

i hear there is a patch for it coming in December. probably won't be playing it anymore by then.

wolfeking

banned
in all seriousness I find it funny that you bought a MOH game with plans of multiplayer. It has sucked donkey in that respect in every version.

Aastii

VIP Member
Uhm not sure. My friend was just directing me to do stuff. Odd since he's never a PC gamer while I am and I was totally clueless at what to do. I played as Maokai with Heal and Slow(not sure what it was called exactly, something to slow everyone down, maybe Daze).

I was sent to the bottom lane but was very confused and getting owned. played against bots and won that map. Probably play some more later when I get a chance.

Maokai is hard as a first champ. Master yi or sion are much easier to learn with.

Heal + exhaust too ;)

in all seriousness I find it funny that you bought a MOH game with plans of multiplayer. It has sucked donkey in that respect in every version.

MOHAA is still one of the most played games on the competitive scene, it was and is a great game

zombine210

laugh all you want, but i'd never played a MOH game before in my life.
I'm not a "fan" of any one franchise and like to give things a try. I just never played MOH and was getting bored of BF3, so i jumped on it during vets day sale.

Punk

Staff member

I used to play MoH:AA online and had a blast for three or four years, it was awesome. Might actually play it again sometimes!

Aastii

VIP Member
really? Never thought it was any count myself.

Yep, really.

You have to remember there are virtually no new FPS games that are designed for, or can really be used for, competitive play, that is why you still have CoD2, CoD4, CS 1.6, CS:S, CS:GO and MOHAA going well in the professional scene. Notice how there is only CS:GO which came out within the last 5 years.

jonnyp11

Beat bulletstorm and am so mad. They purposely ended it without fully resolving their mission and basically yell "sequel," but upon a google, EA didnt support the project because it wasnt a huge success, so the developer is working on another project, which i think they're doing something else with the gears of war series but whatever it is, going off GoW3 and Bulletstorm, it should be good.

lucasbytegenius

Played 17 hours of World of Tanks, yesterday 14, today 3. Got a free premium account because of Thanksgiving so I played the hell out of the 24 hours I had.

jonnyp11

Really liking NFS the run so far, only complaint is that they should'a done something more in the beginning to explain the back story more, i barely got anything from the beginning, read the wiki before i bought it to see and it's the only reason i get what this is about really. But the gameplay is good and i like the direction it takes instead of re-running 5 tracks with slightly different courses and different weather or lighting.

Can't wait for Forza Horizon to get here, it's on the 360 but looks fine and racing games seem better on the 360 since i get my big office chain and a big tv, and use the same controller, so i'm more relaxed.

Doing a normal difficulty run through on Run then might go back through on extreme with manual gearing, think i'll try that on Forza from the start (did it on the demo with manual+clutch and was fun that way)

Jamebonds1

Really liking NFS the run so far, only complaint is that they should'a done something more in the beginning to explain the back story more, i barely got anything from the beginning, read the wiki before i bought it to see and it's the only reason i get what this is about really. But the gameplay is good and i like the direction it takes instead of re-running 5 tracks with slightly different courses and different weather or lighting.

Can't wait for Forza Horizon to get here, it's on the 360 but looks fine and racing games seem better on the 360 since i get my big office chain and a big tv, and use the same controller, so i'm more relaxed.

Doing a normal difficulty run through on Run then might go back through on extreme with manual gearing, think i'll try that on Forza from the start (did it on the demo with manual+clutch and was fun that way)

Heard about some complaint for NFS series from people. That's kinda tough. It is start to getting better. So for now just both Battlefield and crysis are made better game from EA in my currently experienced.

jonnyp11

Beat the run, wasn't bad, graphics were killer, frostbite 2 is a great engine, story could'a been emphasized better and done more with but it's a racing game so they focused on that and it worked out well. Now just gotta do the challenge series and the multiplayer some i guess, of course it's 1am and start back to school tomorrow so need to sleep.

Jamebonds1

Beat the run, wasn't bad, graphics were killer, frostbite 2 is a great engine, story could'a been emphasized better and done more with but it's a racing game so they focused on that and it worked out well. Now just gotta do the challenge series and the multiplayer some i guess, of course it's 1am and start back to school tomorrow so need to sleep.

The Run make me stay late night lol. Too addiction cause i like to crazy drive on snow :D

jonnyp11

Still playing a good bit of Forza Horizon, but got back on Deus Ex, first time i played it i quit in the first mission and didn't really like it, but now i am really liking it and got it up to 4hrs played on steam's counter

Justin

VIP Member
mainly play Black Ops 2 multiplayer but I still go back to Borderlands 2. And also Flight Simulator X when I want to calm down. :)