What are you currently playing?

Aastii

VIP Member
Yesterday morning, CoD2 dropped through my door :D

And I bought ArmA 2 combines ops through Steam deal, so been playing through them. I have ArmA on disc anyway and love it, but have been finding mods for it. I initially bought it purely for when ArmA 2 PR comes out, but have found Invasion 1944 now too which looks :eek:

CoD2 is a really, really fun game. I find it a lot easier than the later installments, however because of that those that have honed their skills are very, very good at it. It is more forgiving, until you get someone that has dedicated a lot of time to the game

linkin

VIP Member
ArmA II, I'm loving it, but the controls are hard to learn and some of the missions are very bugged, or just have no real pressing objective, and are difficult, even on regular difficulty. It's really fun though... even if I prefer the controls of BF2

epidemik

Anyone who wants to play starcraft 2, shoot me a PM. Im quickly becoming addicted. Still not very good (Ranked 2nd in bronze) but I'm feel like I'm learning pretty fast.

Intel_man

VIP Member
man I kick ass...

A3B1E3797F64501F0B3721FC76A92867EFBE21DD

Turbo10

ArmA II, I'm loving it, but the controls are hard to learn and some of the missions are very bugged, or just have no real pressing objective, and are difficult, even on regular difficulty. It's really fun though... even if I prefer the controls of BF2

Arma 2 is one of the hardest games there is, and you cant compare it to BF2 thats like comparing paintballing to actual guns :D

Aastii

VIP Member
Arma 2 is one of the hardest games there is, and you cant compare it to BF2 thats like comparing paintballing to actual guns :D

I didn't find ArmA difficult at all, but then again it was only the controls to get used to. Coming from BF2 or CoD, it is a completely different game and very hard to get to grips with, but if you even played any similar games for any periods of time (PR, Operation Flashpoint), it is a cake walk.

I do agree with him though that the controls are just plain stupid. What is wrong with having commands via a menu, and not EVERYTHING via menus? To pick your weapon, menu, to get in or out of a vehicle, menu, to open a door, menu, I mean wtf. I want my space bar to make me stand up from crouching, not open a menu, and I don't want to have to go over to my enter key to play with, you guessed it, a menu. Also, the fact that the menu is there and you have to read a hell of a lot of options, unless you know the full thing off by heart, makes gameplay less immersive, and draws your attention away from the battle.

It isn't explained very well how to give orders either, and the AI seem to be super human at spotting enemies, whilst completely thick in a lot of other situations.

Still, online it is great fun, and roll on end of 2011/start-mid 2012 for PR:ArmA2 :D

Perkomate

OMG. got portal 2 a few days ago, it is easily my most favourite game of 2011 and that's after finishing Crysis 2 twice. The storyline, the jokes, the downright annoyance of the simple puzzles that I struggle with combine to make one of the best games i've played.

Twist86

New update :p

Gothic 3 (Community Patched)
Morrowind
Minecraft
Dragon Age (#2 sucked too much)
Final Fantasy 7

OMG. got portal 2 a few days ago, it is easily my most favourite game of 2011 and that's after finishing Crysis 2 twice. The storyline, the jokes, the downright annoyance of the simple puzzles that I struggle with combine to make one of the best games i've played.
I did love the dialog though ESPECIALLY in the "old zones" the "lemon rant" Glados makes is pure gold. I went through it twice but then my cousin got home from his trip and wanted his steam account back.

Last edited:

1337dingo

hmm tryed age of conan, said my account does not exist even thow i checked and its online and paid for.. really wired, gonna email them this arvo

Perkomate

New update :p

Gothic 3 (Community Patched)
Morrowind
Minecraft
Dragon Age (#2 sucked too much)
Final Fantasy 7

I did love the dialog though ESPECIALLY in the "old zones" the "lemon rant" Glados makes is pure gold. I went through it twice but then my cousin got home from his trip and wanted his steam account back.

the old zones are classic. Cave johnson with his "The boys from the lab..." stuff, and everything tries to kill you. crazy fun

wolfeking

banned
got tired of being bored,so I went and scanned the 2 for 10 bin down at Walmart. Now Im playing Age of Empires II, and its hard. so... may take some time on this one.