What Brand?

JamesBart

Well...

well why don't you just VJ in OS X?

I assume you mean virtual DJ..?

Because the program that i have used since i started VJ-ing is only XP based! i think they are working on it being multi platform but its just 2 fellas from Holland!

this is the prog that i use

www.resolume.com

give it a try! you can get some test footage with it! download the 2.3 version its better imo. nah in fact get the latest one! the new beta!

i much prefer the Mac OS to pc but i prefer Pc's in the sense that you can add more and so on! :D

tlarkin

VIP Member
I just use itunes and DJay.app on my macbook pro and I am pretty impressed with it. Not to mention all Macbooks have optical audio out by default'

http://www.algoriddim.net/

I don't DJ or anything but I tinker with it a bit.

Also all macbooks come with an isight camera built in, and there are plug ins for the video to work with other applications

Last edited:

JamesBart

I just use itunes and DJay.app on my macbook pro and I am pretty impressed with it. Not to mention all Macbooks have optical audio out by default'

http://www.algoriddim.net/

I don't DJ or anything but I tinker with it a bit.

Also all macbooks come with an isight camera built in, and there are plug ins for the video to work with other applications

nice man! you cant tempt me to the MAC side just yet! i'll be other there in a flash when all known problems are fixed!

i love the cameras that they have built in my GF has one and photo is the way to go after a few beers! some really funny pics from that :D

do you just run a MAC now or do you still have a PC? or have you always been mac?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I started out as a PC guy, but when i landed my first IT job we supported macs. I learned them, and never really liked them that much until OS X came out back in like 2001. I got a dual 500 G4 desktop and a macbook pro 15" right now (just sold my older ibook) and I love my macbook.

I only use windows really for one thing, to play video games. I do like PCs and run a linux box as well.

I am not an elitist by any means but when it comes to laptops Apple does make the best. When it comes to desktops, I'd rather build a PC than buy a mac most of the time, but not always. Not to mention the benefits you would get from getting a macbook for digital music. hell you can record, edit, and sequence music out of box on a macbook via garageband. Then take that with the Djay.app I linked and you could mix in real time digitally on your laptop.

JamesBart

so you've been into them for a while now! i dont even think i knew what a computer was back in 2001! its all through VJ-ing that i started to use them and take an interest. i mean i have always had a computer but it was for the internet and email and thats it!

yeah im trying to get into linux its just having the time to really learn it and sort it out!

and i know what you mean about mac being able to do it all! it really is built for that it seems! even the apps like garge band are just really useful and cool!

i cant wait until i get one but for now i am just going to focus on getting this laptop and then work my way to getting the mac! also i hate the step prices of mac! :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
ya but when you factor in these things by default on a macbook

a/b/g wireless
isight
Firewire 800
bluetooth 2.0
digital audio interfaces
the plethora of bundled software
the worldwide warranty (if you ever travel)

That alone right there is easily 100s of dollars you'd spend on a PC alternative when all that comes standard on a Mac.

I would say they are fairly priced. You pay for what you get. It would be like going to a Porsche dealer and asking to pay Ford prices for a Porsche.

JamesBart

i completey agree with that. you got it spot on! there are so many pros and cons wiht both PC and MAC but overall i really am favouring the MAC!

also the people i hate well dislike are some of the Mac purests who only think that Mac's are the only OS and the PC purests.

why cant somebody just make an Os system to suite everybody! now that is an idea! i think ive just had the best though in the word! well going to learn me some programming! :)

macnoob

i completey agree with that. you got it spot on! there are so many pros and cons wiht both PC and MAC but overall i really am favouring the MAC!

also the people i hate well dislike are some of the Mac purests who only think that Mac's are the only OS and the PC purests.

why cant somebody just make an Os system to suite everybody! now that is an idea! i think ive just had the best though in the word! well going to learn me some programming! :)

exactly. mac is great, but it isnt the best. why cant we have 1 OS that runs all applications, untill the older ones become obselete, and when they do make a pspecial format for only this OS this ultimate OS that alows you to both game and not crash 50% of the time.. i would pay taxes to make this os lol, then again maybe not, they are high enough.

tlarkin

VIP Member
exactly. mac is great, but it isnt the best. why cant we have 1 OS that runs all applications, untill the older ones become obselete, and when they do make a pspecial format for only this OS this ultimate OS that alows you to both game and not crash 50% of the time.. i would pay taxes to make this os lol, then again maybe not, they are high enough.

It is called free enterprise and capitalism, its never going to happen so you just gotta accept that fact.

macnoob

It is called free enterprise and capitalism, its never going to happen so you just gotta accept that fact.

uh yeah i took a class on free enterprise and capitalistic society so i know that i said it would be good i didnt say it would happen compettion will go on for OS as long as we use money