so whats this spec like and also whats the graphics card like? its ATI

ntel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2.0 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium - English edit
HARDWARE SUPPORT Basic Package, 3 Year At-Home Service edit
LCD 17" Wide Screen WXGA (1440x900) TFT Display edit
MEMORY 2048MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024) edit
HARD DRIVE 160GB (5,400 rpm) Sata Hard Drive edit
OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including software edit
GRAPHICS CARD 256MB ATI® Mobility™ Radeon® X1400 HyperMemory™ graphics card edit
PRIMARY BATTERY 9 Cell, 80Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Bramp

With a budget like yours why not go for an asus?

Why buy an ASUS?
Well why not? Not only is ASUS ranked in the top 5 ODM companies in the world, their reputation in quality is second to none. They have small and slim 12.1" laptops, to sexy, portable and light 14.1" laptops, Affordable yet slick gaming 15.4" laptops, to full media center 17" laptops. With unbeatable quality, customization and unheard of customer service(From various dealers for barebones, and ASUS for ENSEMBLE units aren't shabby neither)

ASUS user reviews:
http://www.notebookreview.com/revie...lastBrandID=0&currentPage=0&callingPage=&cmd=

Just find one with the specs you like and good reviews then go shopping... :D

JamesBart

haha course i can im on the uk site now! some nice laptops but you cant customise em and buy like you can with a desktop. the XPS is still looking ood to me.

Ben

VIP Member
I've been searching for laptops, and this is the only really nice one that would be good for you, except for the fact that it has a Nvidia card, not ATI. I would be able to find something better, except I do not know many UK sites that sell computers.

Acer AS9815

JamesBart

I've been searching for laptops, and this is the only really nice one that would be good for you, except for the fact that it has a Nvidia card, not ATI. I would be able to find something better, except I do not know many UK sites that sell computers.

Acer AS9815

Thanks man! i really like this and i have a good few pounds to go out for dinner LOL.

i think i might be able to get away with the nvidia card you know. i think ATI is really only recommended and for my desktop at the moment it has ATI.

ive been looking alot at the Acer and Asus laptops and think that they are the way to go forward!

Thanks for all you help man its much appreciated! :D

but feel free to keep the links coming and thats to anyone! thanks! :D

macnoob

i had a bad row with dell, but i guess you know more than i do lol. uh alien ware is usually overpriced right? so i wouldnt do those 2 id go with an hp or an ibm. ibm is a good choice because just look at the name international bussiness computers(correct me im probably off)they are made for bussiness. but i dont know if they are good budget wise

AdamSpain

Does nobody read review magazines or websites?

The best reviewed laptops are Higrade, Rock, Evesham and mesh. I just took a look at higrade a sec ago and here is what i found.

http://www.higrade.com/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=3622

thats got everything and i know the x1600 is a good card. TV tuner aswell and more than enough processor power. The memory is only 1gb but u can upgrade. If not i highly suggest a rock, ive had one myself, they are the same if not better than higrade, offer more performance for a lil extra.

Tech Lover

i need a laptop for work and im not sure who to go with! so this is what i need in it. so recommendations would be great.

2gb ram
a big 7200rpm hdd
a good ATI graphics card
15" screen
very good processor.

what you recommend? :D

Most websites (Dell, Apple, HP, Compaq) will allow you to upgrade to what you want -

So you pick a base model and then select your memory upgrades ect... I personally recomend Dell (others might disagree but its an opinion) I've upgraded mine myself and never had a problem with it!

U can usally get an amazing dell for the £1200 price mark....i got mine for only £700!!

tlarkin

VIP Member
well I got a Macbook pro which meets all your specs you want and it rocks. I run 4 OSes on it with no delay. It runs windows better than our Core 2 Duo Gateway and Hp laptops at work.

Apple laptops get my vote.

tlarkin

VIP Member
i think this may be a winner! well below the budget and hopefully the one!

also ive been looking at mac but the only reason i havent went with one yet is the fact that the whole dual boot, boot camp thing isnt working for what i need it for! hopefully it will be soon! :D

what do you need it for?

JamesBart

i need it for VJ-ing and the dual boot has a problem where you cant actaully get picture out of the extend desktop. the problem will be sorted when they official release boot camp as i beleive it is in beta stages?

there have been massive discussions on other forums and articles written about it. so im thinking i have this laptop for a year and then get a new, new mac book when they come out! plus i should have some student loans and that by then :)