What cables do I need for a Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE disc drive?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
But even if I reset the battery, what good is that going to do if I physically can't plug the USB connection back in?!

My whole problem, here, is my inability to plug the black USB connection cable back into this slot on my motherboard right here:

Motherboard_1_5.png

Here's a closer look at the female port I'm trying to plug into:

Motherboard_2.png

What good is a reset battery if I physically can't plug the connector in?

PHYSICALLY PLUG IT IN!

Got that?

PHYSICALLY

PLUG

IT

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

I'm sorry for snapping, but you really seem to be ignoring what I've already told you the problem is!

Why don't you show us the cable that you are trying to plug into this USB 3.0 header. If you are trying to plug in usb 2.0 cable then it won't fit. The usb 2.0 headers are at the bottom of the board. See where it says "f_usb3, f_usb2, and f_usb1" at the bottom? Those are usb 2.0 headers.

dstebbins

You probably didn't change your SATA operation back after clearing the BIOS.
1. How do I do that?
2. Why didn't you tell me to do that BEFORE?!

I work 40 hours a week. So when the weekend comes, I don't just sit on this forum every second of my existence. Patience would help you.
Do you have any idea what sort of work related deadlines I'm rapidly approaching?

Lecture me about patience when about six important documents are due on Tuesday, and you'll loose thousands of dollars (money which you can't afford to pay) if you can't get these things printed.

Now, you may argue that I should have finished my work before I fooled around with the motherboard, to which I say ... How the hell was I supposed to know that INSTALLING A DISC DRIVE was going to do all this?

Check boot order like others said.
You keep telling me to do that, but you seem to assume that I know A) what a "boot order" is, B) how to check it, C) what the correct order is, and D) how to fix the boot order if it's wrong!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
*sigh*

Plug in your computer, keyboard and mouse (use the rear USB ports). Press the key to get into the BIOS. Look around for SATA Operation and make sure it's set to AHCI.

Then look for the boot order. Make sure HDD is first. Also look for HDD boot priority and make sure the HDD that has Windows installed on it is the first one in the list. If not, move it up the list.