What is the best antivirus for you people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk

Staff member
Yeah well it's just like me saying Norton is the best, you'll hear a lot of people say it since they have a lot of customers :p

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Oooh, that's a burn! :D But come on, you can't compare nod32 to norton! That's heresy! I bet nod32 can kick Norton's Arse up and down the virtual, heuristic street. I'll bite my toes off if I'm wrong!

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
lol. I stopped using Norton after using AVG. It's not really the resource hogging that bothers me, it's the cost of Norton. AVG seems to work just as well, and it's free. ;)

g0slacR

some people

Norton has not been the best at anything since back in the day when it came on floppies. Anyone I know who knows anything about computers knows that norton sucks. I have repaired MANY computers that norton was the virus. LOL Mcafee is much worse and causes alot more problems but norton isn't far behind.
Please do more research before educating others. Heres what 150 people think about norton
http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...78910-6756804?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

heres what consumer research says
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/software/antivirus-software/

heres a very unbiased test in which the website wasn't paid to mess with results
http://www.techsupportalert.com/security_scanners.htm

At the end of the day norton isn't completely terrible... its a bit better at some things than most free programs but completely ruins it with its software conflicts and massive system slowdown... I have lost count how many computers I have seen infected with MASSIVE amounts of crap that had norton installed and up to date.

Punk

Staff member
Ok dude, I have Norton Internet Security, I keep it up to date and I have absolutely no problems at all... No crap installed, and once again, I check my HJT log every week...

Punk

Staff member
Ok I did it and got nothing AT ALL on my computer. I updated the the spy sweeper, did a full sweep scan and nothing came up. Happy?

Punk

Staff member
So to conclude, Norton is better than what you guys think it is... It's just a resource eater that's all but ti's worth the price.

g0slacR

how do you conclude that?? Who knows what your surfing habits are, for all we know, your computer is hardly ever exposed to any nasties..... from my 11 yrs of fixing computers I have seen norton cause as much harm as good and thats pretty bad... ur free to think and use whatever program makes u happy man...the fact that you seem to worship norton would make me question your experience in IT and also the amount of research you have done... not being mean, just being honest

Punk

Staff member
Yeah right well dude I could say the same thing because let's be honest, if Norton is as bad as you said it is, How come does it still have a lot of customers? Norton is just as good as any other A-V., it has it's weakness just like any other A-V. I don't worship it, I just had enough of hearing people that call themselves "IT pros" or " very experienced guys" telling new users that Norton is bad, when I have been using it for years and have been working in computer security for quite a while so yes I know what I'm talking about. My computer was very exposed to nasties a few years when Kazaa was popular, I stopped last year. So yeah Norton is good.

g0slacR

and have been working in computer security for quite awhile

what since you were 8??? lol theres a reason norton is used by so many people. Its called aggressive marketing...ie:packaged with mobos, ad placement,
sold with new computers, and paying off review sources. Just because so many people use it does not make it good. Most users are not very enlightened on the subject... anyone who knows squat about computers knows norton sucks...period .. even reading end users reviews on ANY website will show you the vast majority of extreme novice users are smart enough to tell that it is not a good program. Thats pretty bad considering it doesn't take alot to fool the majority of users since their knowledge base is so limited usually. So be a fanboy I don't care, but one of the big problems with fanboys is they will argue all day long saying they are right even when presented with fact after fact after fact... what proof have you submitted to our little debate other than it works well for you?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.