What is the best antivirus for you people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk

Staff member
what proof have you submitted to our little debate other than it works well for you?? :eek:

You actually gave me a proof with your test...lol

Anyways, you are as close minded as I am so we won't get far on this subject...

g0slacR

hahah how am I the close minded one?? I have given u proof and facts and to your own admission you state that "ITpros" say norton sucks..... I have no idea why you would further want to slow down your already painfully slow computer and refuse to face facts or state any sort of evidence other than what u think is right and its cause u say so.... I normally don't feed trolls but anyone who just wuvs norton and proclaims to the world that its the best....is always good for a laugh :p

Punk

Staff member
Then be happy, I made you laugh...

I said we are both as close minded...guess you didn't read that well. Anyway yeah what were your proofs except that you (apparently) are a IT pro?

g0slacR

nope, your right, I did miss that part :) my proof was links to reviews but mostly, my links to user reviews which are more important than most review sites. Any good review site will show u step by step in detail how they tested the program and exactly how well it performed rather than just saying...detection:98% as I said, most real review sites will come not even close to reviews by cnet or pcmag.....hmmm wonder why that is?? Also if you look on cnet download.com zdnet.com or most big sites that are pimped by advertising, their review of norton will be a gleaming 5 stars and will also get editors choice yet right besides the editors review is the users review and norton will get 2-2.5 stars from the users...... pretty HUGE gap if u ask me...yet the same place will "review" nod32 at a 3.5 or 4 and the users give it a perfect 5....

http://www.download.com/Norton-AntiVirus/3000-2239_4-10731885.html

http://www.download.com/NOD32-Stand...000-XP-/3000-2239_4-10475647.html?tag=lst-0-1
4.5 stars out of 360 votes.....hmmmm I can do your research for you and give u days and days of proof, but I am sure you know how to use google :) I am not trying to start shit with u man, just hoping maybe to expand your view a bit....

charly

Kaspersky makes it all
AVG and norton missed a highjack (was on german magacine), avj and norton missed a trojan (implemented from russia to open remote ports)

save, secure and "game ready too" ;-)
btw ... my system runs alwas with 2 walls + nat router
bye

patrickv

one of the threads i hate, antiviruses or nvidia vs ati, come on guys we all have our personal opinion.
some say avg, some same kaspersky, but in the end it simply depend on the end user, he will have to see for himself how useful they are by trying em out

ceewi1

VIP Member
Agreed, I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. Thread Closed, before it degenerates into useless arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.