What is your operating system?

wolfeking

banned
Windows 2000pro, XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7, Ubuntu, Crunchbang, and Fedora. Not all on the same computer mind you.

wolfeking

banned
how is 8DP coming these days? I had it at one point, but it was a little too unstable for me. I think I might try it again if it is getting better on stability.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
how is 8DP coming these days? I had it at one point, but it was a little too unstable for me. I think I might try it again if it is getting better on stability.

The beta is supposedly coming out later this month.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Windows 8 from what I read has still some development to go through for it to catch my eye. Plus I was reading on cnet.com that windows XP is still the most used Windows OS, 47.xx% of PC's are still running this old OS.

Currently running Linux Mint. Really like the U/I of Mint and seems to run a little smoother then Ubuntu for me. Tried using fedora 16 a few weeks back but for some reason my web browser after five minutes of using it would stop loading web sites but other then that I love Fedora.

spirit

Staff member
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 on my main machine - the i5 760 rig in my signature.

XP Pro SP3 on this older one I am using now - the Athlon 64 box in my signature.

BTW I think this thread should have a poll...

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 on my main machine - the i5 760 rig in my signature.

XP Pro SP3 on this older one I am using now - the Athlon 64 box in my signature.

BTW I think this thread should have a poll...

I think we should start a thread about what breakfasts we prefer or what grade of gasoline we put in our cars :rolleyes:

wolfeking

banned
eh, it cant hurt. Gives people a place to with er express opinion or just a place to talk about a specific thing they do. I would comment on the gasoline grade (89 octane form Exxon, and 40 i think diesel. Have ventured to bio-diesel, but its not worth the cost).

Dngrsone

VIP Member
Currently, Ubuntu 10.04, though I am dual-boot with Win 7.

I have several machines with Win 7, a couple Vistas, and maybe an XP Pro still on a drive somewhere...

wolfeking

banned
I personally add it to the growing list of why Ubuntu is trash, and thus not worth the time of Linux Users.

I will give it this, it is getting closer to a OEM marketable OS. One that has about as many options as windows, and the same quantity of how to guides on the web because it isn't intuitive.

salvage-this

I have started not to recommend it to people who want to get into Linux. I tell them to look into OpenSUSE or LM.