What is your operating system?

wolfeking

banned
What is the purpose of putting your operating system on a separate hard drive?
I think some do this to keep the operating systems separate, and it reduces the chance that if you get a virus that it would impact both. In the case of people that have a data drive, it is more in the line that they do not want to have to loose the data if they need to reinstall. Also I find that if I move the save game files to the data partition then I can pick up on the same spot across all OSs. At least with some games that is.

As for OSs, I think I am going to delete XP soon, as I have literally booted to it once since installing this last time, and that was to install Drivers. If I do remove it, that would leave me with 2000 pro, Vista 32 bit home premium, and Ubuntu, with a couple, like 4 or 5 20GB EXT4 partitions that are empty to install other Linuxes to when I get around to working on my guide again.

ABenz99

Windows 7 on my laptop, Ubuntu on my desktop, Fedora on my other desktop (that I never use), and Backtrack installed to a flash drive.

JasonPDK

On my laptop I used to have Windows 7 and Ubuntu dual boot, but switched to just Windows 8. On my other PCs I have Windows 7 :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
OSX isn't perfect and can't do everything I need. That's why I still occasionally pull out my Latitude and boot up Windows. I won't waste space on my SSD on my Macbook to put Windows on it that won't get used much.