• Gone Back to XP

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • It has it's advantages

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Never would try it

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

cohen

I know a few people who have had vista and have gone back to XP because it has some many faults with it.

What do you think about it... i want your opinion.

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
It takes a bit to get used to it, but as long as your computer is good enough, it's a legit operating system.

cohen

From what i have heard there is a lot of faults and people say to me not to go vista.

But if i had a chance to try vista at no cost for buying the OS i would!

Vizy

My dad's comp has vista. i think it loads up pretty quick and it is flashy looking. i believe if u have the resources, you should go for it. so im not going to vote.

UPDATE: yea i decided to vote positive stuff.....

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
I voted "GOOD" from what I've seen of it, shame I ain't got it :(

I must admit I like the eye candy bits as much as the workings

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I find it simply appalling. It can "look nice" but the effects tend to be scarce. An example is how some screens will fade out to black, but won't fade back in. I also had some major problems with SD cards. At first I thought it was my reader, but it happened with another card reader as well. Over-all performance is rather poor too. Considering the specs aren't that much worse than my desktop, my laptop is noticeably slower. I've also had many network problems, specifically with authentication.

Shall I continue? I have many more problems I can discuss...

cohen

I find it simply appalling. It can "look nice" but the effects tend to be scarce. An example is how some screens will fade out to black, but won't fade back in. I also had some major problems with SD cards. At first I thought it was my reader, but it happened with another card reader as well. Over-all performance is rather poor too. Considering the specs aren't that much worse than my desktop, my laptop is noticeably slower. I've also had many network problems, specifically with authentication.

Shall I continue? I have many more problems I can discuss...

this is some of the things i have heard from people!

SIMP

I am an XP fan, don't get me wrong, but I gave Vista a "Good". Vista Ultimate 64-bit is my preference as it is extremely stable and runs all my applications perfectly fine. No BSOD to date!! I have XP on my old PC and still use it but Vista is growing on me quickly. If you have used Vista and don't like it at first perhaps it will grow on you as well.

G25r8cer

I like it for most of the part. Had a little trouble b/c printer drivers wouldnt work but, it was an old printer anyway. Some problems running GTA: San Andreas but thats b/c it was released before vista. A few bugs every once in a while but, sp1 fixed alot of things.

Check out my most fav glitch!! (Recycle bin)

vonfeldt7

I love Vista...it runs just fine on my computer, and I have an 800MHz [dual core] CPU! I don't even see the point in SP1, as mine runs just fine the way it is.

HI,
I voted "Fantastic". That means I like it and I'm having no problems at all now. Does all the things one would expect a major operating system to do plus much more. It's networking is the best I have ever seen. The file search facility is outstanding.

Has many bells and whistles I do not use but so did XP. Initial installation posed some problems with drivers and some software did not work at all. I now have these problems worked out and I'm very happy. Runs Photoshop CS3 like a dream and that is the major job for my computers.

Sparky

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I got to set up a new system from Dell for my friend that came with Vista Premium on it. Boy did it have a lot of bloatware and trial-ware thrown in there (Because it was pre-loaded by Dell).

I like the new visual features. I don't care for the new start menu whatsoever. I prefer the XP start menu. the user account control and other annoying security features are somewhat unnecessary for a system that isn't used for anything like banking or anything else important. I haven't had much experience with it yet, but so far, I still like XP better than Vista - for now anyways.

At least i don't have to deal with it until I get my college laptop next year.