• Gone Back to XP

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • It has it's advantages

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Never would try it

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

gambino

it has a lot of problems to be ironed out. currently vista has somehow played with my internet setting and i get slow ass speeds. currently have rebooted it 4 times due to problems. but its the faults that make me so attached to it.
in all honesty, its a revamped xp, just like 2000 was a revamped 98.
its microsoft, what do you expect.

patrickv

Vista - any version** is not a perfect OS, i've seen a couple of people on this forum saying Vista is perfect, vista this vista that.
Well seems you don't extend the capabilities of Vista this is where you see the flaws
I once installed it on my thinkpad, it was ok, i didn't see any BSOD at all, which i see as a big improvement.
but the programs i needed for me work is not compatible.
Am pretty sure most of you here only use vista for Word,excel,Internet, mail and gaming, which is pretty basic.

to conclude Vista is not good even in SP1, requires another service pack.
The release was too early.
Windows XP without service packs was better than Vista without service packs.lol but anyhoo, that's just me.
I'd stick with XP and 2000 for now.

Verve

its good if you have a decent computer, but not worth it if you're still using P4 with 512 ram :p

Bob Jeffery

well read it and see that they are only at milestone one, and correct me if im wrong but vista is kinda like a "beta" for windows 10. They were working on 10 but had to stop to finish "longhorn" aka vista. I think that it will be very good and it says if your impressed with the ipod touch you will be BLOWN away with the touch features of windows 10. OK back on topic i dont think vista is really all that, just another operating system with more bells and whistles. Thats my 2 cents..

G25r8cer

well read it and see that they are only at milestone one, and correct me if im wrong but vista is kinda like a "beta" for windows 10. They were working on 10 but had to stop to finish "longhorn" aka vista. I think that it will be very good and it says if your impressed with the ipod touch you will be BLOWN away with the touch features of windows 10. OK back on topic i dont think vista is really all that, just another operating system with more bells and whistles. Thats my 2 cents..

Thats why you dont own vista and we do!!

Stildawn

Ive had it for a wee while now, no problems, no crashes etc unlike xp. Although its just suddently not recognising any usb sticks etc, just comes up with "cannot locate driver"

Weird.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since upgrading to 64 bit Asus smartdoctor does not work,and Firefox keeps crashing but its no biggie.

i can just use IE :p

Bob Jeffery

Im not saying vista is bad, its just a new operating system. Theres no major changes from xp. I will probably end up getting it eventually.

Kewl Munky

I plan on eventually getting it. I've heard they've released a service pack, which they said they didn't want to do with vista. I've heard some good feedback about it, but nothing too fantastic. Also heard that Ultimate is the most stable version at this time, but I'm not willing to spend that much money.

Does anyone actually think it's worth running? Main reason I want it is for DX10 and I want to upgrade to a 64bit OS to use more than 3GB of RAM, but don't want to buy 64bit XP and a few months later Vista is considered usable and then I buy that and wasted money on XP.

Gareth

It is fine, ive used 64-bit now for a year, only ever had 1 driver problem, and that was with xChat, other than that, its been perfect, even on games such as GTA San Andreas, The Sims, etc. It is much better than XP x64 as it has a much greater support.

El DJ

The only reason people complain about vista running slow and crap is because they try to use it on a 5-6 year old computer, or a seriously underpowerd computer. Of course, Vista isn't going to work on your computer with 512MB of RAM.

Gareth

Indeed, and people say it uses far too much RAM, but if you think of it, it is really a good thing, because RAM is cheap, and faster than a HDD. Now if we could get like 4GB L1/L2/L3 cache... :)

cohen

Having a look at commments / posts and the poll - there are mix thoughts.

Keep the comments coming.

concorde

I showed Vista the door when I bought a new computer. I think the appearance is great, but it will cost you in slowness and frustration, as if you were running it on a 486, but you aren't.

I can get KDE Ubuntu (Kubuntu) to look like Vista, but have the rock-solid stablity of Linux. I can do what I want to do on it: does Windows come with Python? Does it come with a full office productivity suite? No. Only a trial version. I could write pages and pages of what Linux has and Windows doesn't, but I won't. :)

G25r8cer

The only reason people complain about vista running slow and crap is because they try to use it on a 5-6 year old computer, or a seriously underpowerd computer. Of course, Vista isn't going to work on your computer with 512MB of RAM.

Exactly!! The way I see it is if you cant get vista to work then either your pc sucks or you dont belong on a pc!! Of course a new os is going to require more memory b/c there are way more things involved in vista than xp!! Vista has way more to offer than xp.