What MB do you have?????

What motherboard brand do you like the most?

• ASUS

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • BFG Technologies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gigabyte Technologies

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • EVGA

• ABIT USA

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • MSI

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Foxconn

• Total voters

TonyBAMF

AdmnPower said:
i havn't ever had any trouble with any of my MSI boards going bad, only problem is my last board didn't like 2 different size chips of ddr ram at once, it would randomly reset the computer, new MSI board doesn't have any trouble with it tho

most all mobos do that, you shouldent do this to begin with.

asusA8n5x amazing if u dont need sli and i highly recomend this board altho the board is sli capable u just need to altar a few setings

Rambo

TonyBAMF said:
most all mobos do that, you shouldent do this to begin with.

Mix and matching different sized RAM Modules of the same type, i.e, Brand, should usually be fine. Just so long as it has all the same specs as the other, excluding the memory size. However, mix and matching different RAM modules from different brands, with different specs, i.e, ECC with non-ECC RAM would result in upredictable performance.

:)

tomcatuk

DFI - I'm on my third and never a problem. Asus if money was no object - had two of their boards and they are rock solid - you get what you pay for!

Wouldn't touch MSI - used to work for a distributor that sold them and I know what the return rate was like.

ECS & Soyo? Some people will buy ANYTHING!

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Abit, but i dont like it, its farily shoddy, although it was top of the range when i bought it. I voted for abit but i would like to have a DFI, and yeh, all these people saying ECS (yeh, ok, ive heard good things) and SOYO (WTF.... soyo..... what??!!!) you really do buy anything if its cheap enough....

Lanther

I have an XFX board right now that hasn't given me any problems. Before this I had 2 gigabyte boards that worked flawlessly. On my next build I plan on using an ASUS or DFI. The only boards i've ever really had any problems with were Biostars and PCChips.