Votes: 12 23.5%
  • 1 gig

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Bigger than 1 gig

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
I Had a 16GB flashdrive at one point for about an hour, I found it in the street without the USB connector so I took a connector off of a USB cable and soldered it on, worrked for an hour, computer crashed and didnt turn back on till I took out the drive, plugged it in and computer's USB card died... threw it away :p
That wasnt a flash drive, they dont make 16GB flash drives. You probably found a 16GB portable hard drive.

Crash5291

not flash drives but i have a 32MB SD card, and a 512MB Micro SD card (my phone uses it) my laptop had a card reader and i use a usb adapter for the desktop.

its rare i need more then 512mb, i split it with winrar.

Ku-sama

banned
Yeah, but for my 4GB drive I got a sweet deal of $8 after rebates :)

ad besides, the one he posted was a 32GB

tlarkin

VIP Member
For work I have:

2 x 1gig flash drives
1 x 2gig flash drive
2 x 80gig usb2/FW 2.5 inch lacie porsche drives

I actually have different uses for all of them, but they all go in my back pack, I don't have like 4 flash drives hanging on my keychain, that would be just too geeky.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I mean if you have for example one file at size 200MB, can you split it to two (each on at 100MB) ?
When archiving with win rar you can split file size. I once had to email someone 40 megs of attachments via gmail because of some stupid reason I can't even think of at the moment. Gmail has a 10meg attachment limit, so I split the file into 4 x 10meg attachments via winrar and sent them individually.

I think the person I was sending to, only had access to their gmail account so it had to be that way...

Saurian

My input to this thread: I haven't read it all, though.

When you kids go to college, get a good 1GB or something drive to use for keeping ALL your school work on. Carry it on your school keys if you live dorm-wise, or on your car keys so you ALWAYS have the drive. Working on stuff and home and school is complicated. And, I've had OS crashes that left me without a record of assignments, and I've had to lose points because I couldn't reproduce a copy for final project notebooks or stupid chit like that.

Plus, you'll be poor and not wanting to print and use your own ink. You have those files on the jump drive. Walk in, log on, open, print, unplug, log out - 45 seconds and you've got your print outs, simple as that.

Seriously, it'll be the best addition to your pocket for college. I also have NES/SNES/Genesis emulation on mine as well, I've played NES in class a few times, lol.

lee101

VIP Member
I've got a 1 gig which I use for school and stuff like that, a 256 which I used to use but now i think is with my laptop, and a 128 one which I use for transferring drivers that i got free from MS :D