What was YOUR first GPU???

MadModder

My first was a Voodoo Banshee that I eventually replaced with a GeForce2 so I could play Tribes 2. Of course, that's my first non-integrated.

Saurian

First, In(hell) integrated. Then, GF2MX 32MB, then GF3 Ti500 64, which I Just replaced this summer with a GF 5900XT. I'm debating whether to upgrade now to a 7600GT, or save my pennies and be an early 8800GTS adopter.

tlarkin

VIP Member
1mb onboard ati rage, on ibm pentium 1 system with EDO ram!!!!!

then I upgraded to the original voodoo 1 pass through card

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3dfx

before that really the only computer with an actual seperate GPU was the amigas. I didnt have an amiga, but I knew a kid who had one and we played with that thing a lot

MagGoT_4_liFE

Mabye some1 could help me out w/ this 1....
my FIRST computer was given to me by my father. It was a '89 Macintosh Portable (aka laptop by todays standards) I dont know about the onboard video....All I know is that it had 16MHz processor and 1MB of ram (SUPER FAST, HUH??? Hey, it was back then...). Oh, and my father bought it at a yard sale for 25$ in '95, but in '89 it listed (boy it sounds like im talking about a car, wait a minute, IT WAS A BIG AS A CAR! lol jk, but hugh by toadys standards) for $6500USD. Does anyone know? Man, I still have it too, I have to pull it out and hook it up (it weighs like 60lbs i think....lol) Oh, and I forgot to mention, it had a b/w LCD display. I was pretty amazed in 89 that had lcd's....Ok....ill stop now, i could go on for ever.....

pdc76

i had a STS Nitro 4mb agp card in my pentium 1 233mhz. it rocked. i still have it. i tried it once in xp, and scrolling was blurry, lol.