What web browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Internet Discussion' started by voyagerfan99, Oct 7, 2013.

?

What web browser do you use?

1. Internet Explorer

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

37 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Google Chrome

56 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Pale Moon

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Opera

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (Please Specify)

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

As the title says, what web browser do you prefer to use?

2. DMGrier

DMGrier VIP Member

Thank you Voyagerfan99 for creating the new thread, I chose Chrome.

What I am interested to see is about a year back or two I read that Chrome is officially the most widely used web browser in the world, I am curious if we will see this on the forum.

JinnyJohnson likes this.
  3. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

I've voted Pale Moon and also stickied the thread.

4. DMGrier

DMGrier VIP Member

John thank you for closing the other thread and making this one a sticky. Why do you chose Pale Moon, is there a feature that separates it from the rest?

5. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius Well-Known Member

Palemoon runs a bit better than Firefox on Windows and has some features not available in Firefox anymore.

I use Chrome, better performance than even Palemoon in my experience, better sync, and the UI is beautiful.

6. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

I've really liked Pale Moon ever since I started using it for a few reasons.

1. It saves my password for moderator control panel and for when I need to do moderating within the forum so I don't have to reenter it each every time, IE wouldn't save it for some reason.

2. It's definately a lot faster than firefox as Lucas said. I tried firefox when I was wanting to change browsers and firefox was just too slow opening and loading home page while pale moon was almost instantly.

3. I really don't like the new versions of IE and IE 8 was just having way too many issues for me to continue using it.

Oops, almost forgot one.

4. I freaking hate chrome lol

7. PCunicorn

PCunicorn Active Member

I don't know yet lol. I use Chrome, but Chrome for Android Tablet sucks because of one tiny thing, the tabs have a tiny x that's quite hard to click, the iPad one has good buttons so why doesn't this one? And Opera is quite nice (for Android tablets) but feels like it's still in beta. Quite slow TBH. Not loading pages but switching tabs etc. Opera Classic is good but feels like it wasn't designed for tablets. Also I am talking about Android tablets because that's what influences my decision for desktop.

8. DMGrier

DMGrier VIP Member

Makes sense, I use chrome just because the sync is easier then FF and is flawless across my mobile platforms, Chromebook and Linux boxes across my house.

John I see your point, I don't care for FF in Windows. For me I always have stability problems with FF and it always crashes, so I might give Pale Moon a go the next time I get a Windows Machine. Though I well say other then the sync, I have had great luck with FF on Linux, seems just as fast and reliable as Chrome but I still use Chrome cause of the cross platform sync.

9. lucasbytegenius

I have a Nexus 7 2013 and I haven't had any issues closing tabs in Chrome.

10. DMGrier

DMGrier VIP Member

He is just complaining about how small they made the "x" to close the tabs.

11. lucasbytegenius

And he said it was "hard to click", which is what I was referring to.

12. DMGrier

DMGrier VIP Member

oh, see your point. To me not a big deal since if I am going to be running multiple tabs I just hop into the desktop.

13. PCunicorn

PCunicorn Active Member

I guess I just need to get used to it, but for gods sake it's a 10 inch tablet and has tiny buttons, but the iPad one does not :(

14. salvage-this

salvage-this Active Member

Chrome for me. Pale Moon is a close second.

15. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome Chrome

JinnyJohnson likes this.
  16. AlienMenace

AlienMenace Well-Known Member

Pale Moon is what I run

17. spirit

spirit Moderator Staff Member

Yep, Chrome for me too. Been using it nearly 3 years now.

18. PCunicorn

PCunicorn Active Member

I have been using it for 4 years now. Ha I beat you! :p

19. spirit

spirit Moderator Staff Member

Well before I permanently switched to Chrome I was using Opera for about a year or two and before that IE8. IE8 was the last version of IE which I used as my default browser. I remember it getting so slow so in the end I just got Opera and that was great but I switched to Chrome because the newer releases of Opera kept crashing for me.

I remember downloading Chrome when it first came out a long time ago but I didn't use it as my default browser haha.

20. DMGrier

DMGrier VIP Member

I use to run Opera back when I first started using Linux, I remember liking it just cause it seemed to have more features then any other browser and remember watching other browser adopt some of Opera features. Haven't used Opera since 2009 though, might give it a download to see how it has changed.