What web browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Internet Discussion' started by voyagerfan99, Oct 7, 2013.

?

What web browser do you use?

1. Internet Explorer

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

37 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Google Chrome

56 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Pale Moon

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Opera

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (Please Specify)

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

Thought they closed years ago?

2. novicegeek

novicegeek Member

Yeah, as they used to say in the Yahoo chat rooms... j/k

3. Computernerd2003

Computernerd2003 New Member

Personally, I use Pale Moon. It's light on system resources and it's good for my old PC, but I use it on both of my computers as I hate the ugly new GUI that FF and Chrome have.

4. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

Still Firefox :), simply because I've been using it for so long I became a fanboy :p
    Although I do use Chrome on my phone.

5. TheRealSwede

TheRealSwede Member

I use EDGE (the browser built into Windows) on all my computers, and I use EDGE in my phone aswell...

6. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

Blasphemous

Darren likes this.
  7. TheRealSwede

TheRealSwede Member

:)

8. diypartsjoy

diypartsjoy Member

I use Microsoft Edge.

TheRealSwede likes this.
  9. peter912

peter912 Member

Between Firefox and Microsoft Edge which one would you choose to use and why ? I use Firefox because I have been using it for so many years now but I also have Microsoft Edge installed as well but don't use it.

10. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

Firefox. For the simple fact that there a ton of addons for it that aren't available in Edge. Edge is no longer in production anyway as MS is coming out with a new browser based on Chromium.

11. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to point out that it's still Edge, it's just got a different back end. Unless they've said they're changing the name Edge isn't going anywhere.

12. Shlouski

Shlouski VIP Member

I'm a stick in the mud and prefer to stick to what I'm used to, Internet explorer worked so I used it, edge works so I use it. I did try using firefox once but it wasn't able to open or display correctly a few distributors websites that I needed to use, so I immediately went back to Internet explorer and since then I have never had the inclination to try another browser.

13. Darren

I really hope you meant Edge in your last line. Anyone using IE in this day and age is a fool, even MS says so.

14. Shlouski

Shlouski VIP Member

I did mean Internet explorer, but this was years ago before edge and firefox didn't work well for me so I went straight back to Internet explorer, of course I've been using edge since it was released.

TheRealSwede likes this.
  15. Darren

No I understood you meant IE at first but was talking about when you supposedly switched back to IE after using Edge and Firefox before. I used IE back in the day, don't get me wrong, but it's been years.

16. novicegeek

novicegeek Member

I swore off Chrome. The dang browser lost all of my bookmarks - and I had a lot of them. I was able to find them, but not recover them in any useable format. I went back to IE. At least it's never lost my favorites.

17. TheRealSwede

TheRealSwede Member

If you are not using Windows XP, I´m sure you are using EDGE (windows new IE)
    And Yes! You still have IE in your computer but you have to search for Interner Explorer in order to find it..

18. novicegeek

novicegeek Member

Nope. I don't like Edge. I have it but only use it to check the weather, 'cause it's faster. It really doesn't have some of the features I'm used to using. So, I'm using IE 11 right now.